Saturday 6 April 2019

Game of Thrones 6x08 'No One' TV TALK

I loved this particular episode because we spent a lot of time with Arya- explaining the title of this episode. Arya is one of my favourites because she's so empowering and everything she does makes her so kick-ass!
And I'm so excited for the next episode- the ninth one! I'm prepped and ready... maybe not emotionally. 




TV TALKS:
Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10
Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03  |  2x04  |  2x05  |  2x06  |  2x07  |  2x08  |  2x09  |  2x10
Season 3:  3x01  |  3x02  |  3x03  |  3x04  |  3x05  |  3x06  |  3x07  |  3x08  |  3x09  |  3x10
Season 4:  4x01  |  4x02  |  4x03  |  4x04  |  4x05  |  4x06  |  4x07  |  4x08  |  4x09  |  4x10
Season 5:  5x01  |  5x02  |  5x03  |  5x04  |  5x05  |  5x06  |  5x07  |  5x08  |  5x09  |  5x10
Season 6:  6x01  |  6x02  |  6x03  |  6x04  |  6x05  |  6x06  |  6x07

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Starting with Arya, she gets help from Lady Crane with her stab wound. We think that Arya is as safe as she can be for now but... safe isn't safe when it comes to Waif. Waif finds them, kills Lady Crane and goes after Arya. And I have say, for someone who's recently been stabbed, Arya pulls off one heck of a chase! I've been wanting Waif to die for so long and how she did was stunning! Arya is cornered by her, unlikely to win in a fight but she has one advantage; she's been taught to fight blind and Waif hasn't. So one swipe at the candle and it's darkness. I just love that something Waif taught her to do became her weakness! It was awesome!
And she also shoved it in Jaqen's face which was even better! She'd skinned Waif's face and when Jaqen said she was finally no one she protested- I am Arya Stark of Winterfell! Yes, I'm so excited for her to go back to Westeros!
Over in Meereen, the masters are attacking Meereen and it's all Tyrion's fault.... I hate that he made a mistake! I want them to trust Tyrion and need them to understand that he's a lot smarter than they think he is! This is just a tiny setback... 
Varys got away just in time because he's headed back to Westeros to rally some support for Daenerys over there and I'm so ready for her to take the seven kingdoms! 
Before Daenerys returns to Meereen, we have a brilliant scene with Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm where Tyrion starts to teach them how to drink and tell jokes... their scenes are always so funny and pure!! 
But Daenerys has returned now to her city in ruin and... she is not happy. 
In Westeros, we had the Hound hunt those men that killed his village group. He eventually finds them but already in the hands of Beric Dondarion and the Brotherhood without Banners. They execute the men and then the Hound reluctantly joins the Brotherhood without Banners... the environmentalists we saw from seasons ago. He'll surely fit in!
At Riverrun, we had Breinne arrive and go straight to Jaime but, honestly, I was too preoccupied with Podrick and Bronn reuniting! I love them both so much and their friendship is everything!
Brienne negotiates with Jaime to go and speak with the Blackfish to see if she can get them to surrender. Jaime agrees and... Brienne fails. Which shouldn't really have been a surprise really- she fails a lot. 
When that doesn't work, Jaime goes to talk to their prisoner Edmure- the groom of the infamous Red Wedding. I know a lot of people love Jaime and I do like him but... there are times when he brings his character down too much for me to forgive and this was one of those times. He threatens Edmure really cruelly and says absolutely horrible things! He shows how selfish he really is and this stops me from properly loving Jaime...
But the plan that he sets up works- sending Edmure there to get them to open the gates with Jaime using his family as leverage over him. The Blackfish dies fighting which I respect and Brienne and Podrick escape on a boat... sailing off just like Gendry did all those seasons ago... let's hope we see them again.
Finally, we had Cersei get even more bad news- she's not doing great at the moment. Tommen has announced when her and Loras' trial will be and also added a tiny stipulation that trials by combat have now been abolished. Sorry, Mountain, but you don't get your time to shine.  
Tyrion would have no chance if he was still here when that rule came into play... and now Cersei has no chance. I have no idea how she'll get out of this one. 

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe 

2 comments:

  1. I would have liked to have rewatched this season, but I just didn't have the time. I finished S7 E4 tonight, so I have three more to go before next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't re-watched the series either (these are super old reviews that I haven't gotten around to posting). I've been re-watching season 7 though and I also just watched 7x04 last night!! We're pretty much in sync at the moment :)

      Delete