Thursday 6 September 2018

Game of Thrones 4x10 'The Children' TV TALK

The finale is upon us. This was one of my favourite episodes of the whole series and I'm told it only gets better from here so..... I'm super excited and frantically trying to predict a plot I will never guess. I liked seeing all the other characters again after last episode's focus on the Night's Watch. I also loved watching certain characters meet- it's so weird but awesome watching to separate storylines cross paths.



TV TALKS:
Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10
Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03  |  2x04  |  2x05  |  2x06  |  2x07  |  2x08  |  2x09  |  2x10
Season 3:  3x01  |  3x02  |  3x03  |  3x04  |  3x05  |  3x06  |  3x07  |  3x08  |  3x09  |  3x10
Season 4:  4x01  |  4x02  |  4x03  |  4x04  |  4x05  |  4x06  |  4x07  |  4x08  |  4x09


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Starting with Jon Snow's suicide mission.... He goes to meet with Mance, claiming that he's there to negotiate and... Mance's deal is pretty fair- all the wildlings want to do is be safe south for winter. But Jon is the idiot that wants to refuse the offer and get himself killed.

But no need to fear- Stannis is here! (I never thought I'd appreciate Stannis' or Melisandre's presence). Stannis attacks the wildling army with one of his own and quickly gets them to submit to his terms.
They go back to the Night's Watch and burn the dead and there's just one shot with Melisandre's eyes on Jon and... it has me worried! Don't you dare even touch him! I'd like to say Jon is wise enough to resist but... he does a lot of stupid things.
North of the wall with Bran, they finally reach this tree they're all looking for but skeletons rise from the floor and attack them first. Jojen ends up dead which is another death that I don't particularly care about... The Children (creepy little things) save the rest of our group and we're introduced to the three eyed raven- who isn't actually a raven.
In Meereen, Daenerys has finally locked up her dragons because they're killing innocent people. But.. wouldn't locking them away make them even angrier and make them even more out of control?
In Kings's Landing, we have Cersei throw another hissy fit about marrying Loras but this time she goes as far as telling Tywin the truth about her affair with Jaime. She later tells Jaime this and they have sex... Jaime, what are you doing? I've grown to love Jaime when he was away from King's Landing and Cersei but when he goes back to season one prick? It makes me so sad and frustrated!
But, having said that, Jaime maybe redeems himself when he helps Tyrion to escape.
And I loved all of these following scenes.
Tyrion completes some unfinished business before leaving, going up to Tywin's room. And who does he find? The one and only Shae. The way she called Tywin 'my lion' makes you wonder whether her love for Tyrion was ever real and it's heart-wrenching but necessary when Tyrion strangles her. It's freaking brutal but..... had to be done.
And now that he's on a roll, Tyrion goes off to find Tywin and gives him a final send-off with two arrows in the chest. It's such a undignified killing that it's amusing, though- the big bad Tywin Lannister killed by his dwarf son, sat on the loo. It's one of the best deaths this show has had.
So now, along with Varys, Tyrion is headed to Braavos which I'm super pumped about!
And finally we had Arya who I always enjoy. She bumps into Brienne which had me super excited until.... Brienne looked like the enemy. The Hound got quite protective of her which was sweet and they proceeded to have a pretty brutal brawl. Honestly, it could've gone either way but Brienne gets the win, throwing the Hound down a rocky hill and leaving him for dead. Only after killing him, she realises that she has no idea where Arya went.
Arya returns to the Hound's side and they have their last little moment together. The Hound begs her to kill him and get it over with and I love how she just walks past him without another word.... he was on her list after all. It was such a testament as to why Arya's one of my favourite characters.
Now Arya's off to Braavos as well! Cashing in the favour from Jaqen H'ghar, maybe??
And all I desperately want is three of my favourite characters to meet!!! Arya, Tyrion and Daenerys would be unbeatable together!! I need this to happen.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

3 comments: