Thursday 27 September 2018

September Book Haul 2018

I did pretty well this month and managed to restrain myself from buying too many of the new releases from this month. There's hope for my bank account yet...

Books
Sharp Objects- Gillian Flynn
Ever since watching the HBO mini-series, I've been itching to read the book and see the differences of the story. This is such a captivating story with so much darkness, mystery and intrigue and I just had to add it to my collection. I consciously chose to pick up the adaptation cover rather than the original which is something I don't usually do but this cover is gorgeous!! The original is pretty plain and boring where the TV version is so creepy and aesthetically pleasing so I just threw aside my principles this one time and bought it. It also works well as I have the movie cover of Gone Girl as well so, I think it'll be a tradition for me to always watch the adaptation versions of Flynn's books first as well as buying the adaptation cover.



Catwoman: Soulstealer- Sarah J. Maas
I feel the need to start off by saying that I'm 100% a Marvel fan and never want myself to be tainted by DC. However, I picked up this book, not for the superhero, but for the author because I have an undying loyalty to Sarah J. Maas. I don't have super high expectations of this book because I think it'll be a little weird reading a SJM book that isn't high fantasy but, I have faith in her.





Other
I've decided to start mentioning the odd fandom bits and bobs I get throughout each month because why not?

Friends Bus Pass Holder
I started back at college this month and my bus pass holder from last year was completely broken so I had to get a new one and quick. Last year, I had a Walking Dead one but this time I decided to stick with good old Friends because there is no better TV show in existence.

Avengers: Infinity War DVD
This was maybe my best buy of the month because... it's Infinity War!! It's my favourite movie of this year so far and I can't wait to watch it again and marvel (no pun intended) at its genius.

Heathers (1988) DVD
And finally, I got the movie of Heathers. I'm a massive fan of the musical and am going to see it at the West End in October. Because of this, I desperately wanted to see the original source material.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

1 comment: