Sunday 27 August 2017

Game of Thrones 2x09 'Blackwater' TV TALK

We had a concentrated selection of characters in this episode and we didn't jump between as many as usual. We followed the Battle of Blackwater Bay in this episode and, heck, it was entertaining! Everyone has been preparing for this battle for so long and it was very satisfying to watch it all play out.

TV TALKS:

Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10

Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03  |  2x04  |  2x05  |  2x06  |  2x07  |  2x08


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
The episode started with the quiet before the storm. We had Bronn and the men singing and drinking their problems away (because being drunk before a battle to the death seems like the right way to go). We also had Tyrion and Shae spending some sexy time together for the last time before the fight start. I totally ship Tyrion and Shae but I can just see Shae dying at some point and my heart's not ready for it...
As soon as the battle bells start, the women are taken to a room to keep them safe and away from everything which..... I'll keep in my feminist rants for now.

Cersei decides that getting drunk is the best idea which isn't morally right, I suppose, but very entertaining for me. Cersei, in my opinion, is a depressing and cynical drunk which was just too hilarious. Here we have a bunch of scared girls praying for the Gods to have mercy on them and Cersei butts in with the reality of them probably being raped and then killed by the opposition by thend of the night. Gotta appreciate her honesty.
Stannis' first wave of ships are heading straight to Kings Landing and we finally get to see Tyrion's plans with the wildfire unravel. It was so aesthetically pleasing watching the fire (for some reason green...) engulf all the ships and people on board. Tyrion's a freaking genius.
But still, some of Stannis' fleet manage to get ashore and our men are left to fight them off.
I say 'our' as if I'm on Joffrey's side- which inadvertently I am- but I mean that I'm on their side for Tyrion and Sansa's sake. Plus, I don't support Stannis at all.
Half of 'our' men are dead before the Hound decides to ditch because the fire isn't agreeing with him.
Cersei then makes Joffrey abandon the fight which... I'm sure he was endlessly relieved. Joffrey looked terrified at all the fighting- he'd be crushed if he was ever made to fight.
So Tyrion was left to pick the pieces of the men's wavering courage. And Tyrion nailed it!! He rallies them really well and I just think that Tyrion would make the best King out of everyone. He leads the men to sneak behind Stannis' men and take them from behind.
Through this, Sansa manages to slip away to safety in her own chambers because she would've been killed if Stannis had won. She sees the Hound and he offers to take her back to Winterfell but she refuses... for reasons that hopefully make sense to her because I can't really understand it.
Stannis plucks an even bigger force of men out of thin air that attacks Tyrion's men and Tyrion puts up a pretty good fight- I was impressed. But he eventually gets slashed across the face and passes out.
Cersei is seconds from poisoning her son and killing him- because she's super depressing and predicting the worst outcome for the battle- but the Tyrell's and Tywin Lannister come in to save the day!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment