Tuesday 22 August 2017

Bleeding Words- Original Poetry

I thought it was the nice time for sharing a poem that I wrote. Warning: I'm quite a depressing poet and I love incorporating language and punctuation into my poems. This is one of my favourites so.... enjoy!

I am bleeding words.
Pouring out my emotions in incoherent floods.

I am choking on letters, struggling to piece them together,
along with my excuse for a life.
Endlessly searching for a jigsaw fit that doesn't exist.

I am crying punctuation,
desperately trying to catch my thoughts-
confine them into neat lines
to pretend they look normal.

I am breathing sentences,
stuttering on subclauses as I navigate my way around
the synonymous differences of reality-
the lies of the world around me.

I am bleeding words,
my life running out along with every expression.

- Chloe Harris, May 2017


Thank you so much for reading- I appreciate all the support for my personal writing. (Sorry if it was a bit of a downer, though...) Feel free to post a comment. Stay amazing,
Chloe

2 comments: