Thursday 13 December 2018

Game of Thrones 5x10 'Mother's Mercy' TV TALK

The finale! The finale! The finale!
This was arguably the best episode of the series- beating the epic ninth episode! I loved this episode because we saw basically every character (all except Bran which is a positive thing to me) so it felt like so much happened! So much did happen!





TV TALKS:
Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10
Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03  |  2x04  |  2x05  |  2x06  |  2x07  |  2x08  |  2x09  |  2x10
Season 3:  3x01  |  3x02  |  3x03  |  3x04  |  3x05  |  3x06  |  3x07  |  3x08  |  3x09  |  3x10
Season 4:  4x01  |  4x02  |  4x03  |  4x04  |  4x05  |  4x06  |  4x07  |  4x08  |  4x09  |  4x10
Season 5:  5x01  |  5x02  |  5x03  |  5x04  |  5x05  |  5x06  |  5x07  |  5x08  |  5x09

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Starting with Daenerys, she is now stranded who knows where with an injured Drogon, unable to get back to Meereen. But, she is found by a horde of Dothraki and the amusing thing is.... we're right back where we started! Khaleesi has spent five seasons progressing and getting nowhere near Westeros, and now we've been sent back to the start...

Whilst Khaleesi is gone, Tyrion is going to be looking over things in Meereen with Varys, Missandei and Grey Worm. Jorah and Daario have gone out to search for her.... with an underlying alpha male bustle between the two. Who will be victorious for the Mother of Dragon's heart? If either of them at all? Game if Thrones has not managed to avoid a love triangle.
Over in Braavos, we have Arya finally kill Meryn Trant (in a very epic and savage way, may I say) and, as a punishment back at the House of Black and White, she is blinded. How is Arya going to kill anyone now that she's blind?!
In Dorne, we had Jaime and co. on a ship home and we have this really lovely scene where Myrcella tells Jaime she knows he's her father and they hug.... it's a really special moment for Jaime. And then she dies.... Ellaria, what a sneaky poison!!! I'm impressed.
Meanwhile in Winterfell, Stannis' army finally attacks and... gets crushed by the Boltons. Nice try, Stannis. I bet Melisandre's mortified she's been telling everyone he'd win and now... he's dead. Awkward... I feel like I should be saying 'I told you so'....
In this battle, Sansa has the chance to escape from her chambers and goes to light the candle in the tower like told.... only that fails because stupid Brienne decided to ditch it so that she could kill Stannis and avenge Renly once and for all.... You had one job, Brienne!! And you screw it up!!!
Sansa is caught by Myranda and is almost severely hurt when Theon comes to save the day.... did I actually write that?? Theon kills Myranda and helps Sansa escape. They jump off the Winterfell tower and into the snow.... that's how horrible Ramsay is; he makes you want to jump off a building.
I'm loving Sansa so much at the moment- how strong and fierce she's becoming... I can't wait to see her character to progress even more!
Going south to King's Landing, Cersei confesses. We all know she's not really sorry but she wants to see her son and will do anything to make that happen. The Sparrows give her a hair cut and she goes on to do the walk of shame. This is a very popular scene and I've watched it before and it's just brutal! You can slowly see her breaking as she goes further and further.... I do feel sorry for her.
And, finally, we have the events at Castle Black. Sam and Gilly are sent to Old Town for Sam to become a maester.... *collective ahhhh*
Melisandre shows up at Castle Black and tells Davos of the battle.... and poor Davos. He doesn't even know Melisandre sacrificed Shireen!!!!!
We had the biggest surprise of any episode at the end.... or, it would've been surprising if I hadn't been spoiled for Jon's death ages ago... though, I did think it happened in season 6 for some reason.
Alliser mutinies against Jon Snow and kills him- Olly landing the finally blow. I've never liked that kid Olly and this is a perfect reason why. I was just muttering 'I knew it' over and over again.

I'm a bit annoyed because this death didn't have an impact on me- I knew he'd die and I know what happens in the future series.... poor me.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment