Saturday 8 December 2018

Winter Wonderland BOOK TAG

Since it's getting close to Christmas and winter is fully upon us, I thought I'd do a wintery tag to get myself in the festive mood. I found this tag over at The Perks of Being a Book Freak and I'll link that post here if you want to check it out.
On with the tag!

1. What book is so happy and so sweet that it just warms your heart?
To All the Boys I've Loved Before- Jenny Han
I think we can all safely say that this book can be summed up in one word: adorable. For me, it probably isn't a winter read because it's so summery and happy and sweet, but it'll definitely warm you up with how lovely it is.


2. What's your favourite book with a white cover?
Lovely, Dark and Deep- Amy Mcnamara 
If this isn't the ultimate wintery cover, I don't know what is. I read this book so long ago that I can't remember a single thing of what actually happened but I can still admire a stunning book cover.

3. You're sitting in a nice, comfortable chair with a cup of hot chocolate. What monster book are you reading?
Winter (the Lunar Chronicles #4)- Marissa Meyer
I actually first read this in winter two years ago and it is perfect to settle in with. It's an epic finale that comes in at around 800 pages so, while it isn't quite the monster that Kingdom of Ash (Sarah J. Maas) has proven to be, it's still everything you could want.


4. It's snowing outside and you decide you want to have a snowball fight. What fictional character do you want to have this snowball fight with?
The Inner Circle- A Court of Frost and Starlight (Sarah J. Maas)
I couldn't resist picking the Inner Circle (especially the boys) because, in ACOFAS, they actually do have a snowball fight! They do it every year and have kept a count of how many times each of them has one (I think Az is in the lead with a couple hundred wins so far). I think it'd just be the most fun and hilarious time to hang out with these characters.

5. Sadly, your campfire is dying. What last few chapters of a book would you throw in the fire to revive it and keep yourself warm?
The Last Star (The 5th Wave #3)- Rick Yancey
Frankly, I would chuck the entire thing in the fire, not just the last few chapters, because this was maybe the most dissatisfying, lazy end to a trilogy I've ever read. The whole trilogy in general got confusing and weird and the plot wasn't done justice. The ending to The Last Star just made the whole series feel pointless and it was a giant waste of my time. I can't ever see myself re-reading this trilogy.

6. What book do you love so much that you would buy another copy of it to give to someone as a Christmas gift to inspire them to start reading?
Half-Blood (The Covenant series #1)- Jennifer L. Armentrout
I think a JLA book was definitely the way to go with this question because her books are so funny and so exciting and so gripping and so easy to read that they could get anyone into reading. You're guaranteed to want to read on through the series as quickly as possible and it's so much fun! The Covenant series has amazing, sassy and lovable characters that make the story so much easier to fall into and adore.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment