Tuesday 25 December 2018

The Festive Christmas BOOK TAG

As it's Christmas, I figured you can't go wrong with a good Christmas themed book tag! I found this tag over at Briony Marshall's author blog so I'll link that in case you wanna go and check it out.
On with the tag!

1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
Covey Family- To All the Boys I've Loved Before (Jenny Han)
Can you imagine the Christmas dinner they'd make?!?! The Coveys have such a lovely passion for cooking and baking and this Christmas dinner would be heaven to me. The company would be good too, obviously. The Covey family are so close, very much like mine, so I think a Christmas dinner would feel very homely and comfortable with them.
But mainly, the food.


2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
Ravenclaw scarf
I've been a Ravenclaw for many years and have desperately been dreaming for a scarf for so damn long. But they're hella expensive and I haven't yet convinced anyone to get me one as a gift. Just you wait, one day I'll buy myself one as a present. Treat yourself, eh?




3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
Inej- Six of Crows (Leigh Bardugo)
This is maybe an odd answer but hear me out. I'm thinking of stealth, speed and sneakiness because Santa can't make it into every house to drop off presents and he needs elves to help him...(I'm completely sane, I promise. Please follow my train of thought). Inej is the Wraith and super sneaky which would make it easy for her to slip presents into people's homes right under their noses.
And honestly, while she might not like to admit, I think Inej would totally dig Christmas.
(I desperately wanted to stray from the predictable answer of Dobby. Can you tell?)




4. Match a book to it's perfect Christmas song.

Last Christmas and New Moon- Stephanie Meyer
It had to be New Moon. Edward ditching Bella and her having a little something with Jacob whilst he's gone? It's a nice fit with the song Last Christmas.
And I will take the time to fully admit that I haven't even read New Moon and have only seen the movie (*holds hands up in guilt*) but I figured the general gist of the story was the same.





5. Bah Humbug: A book or fictional character you've been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
In The Afterlight (The Darkest Mind #3)- Alexandra Bracken 
This trilogy goes downhill after the first book, unfortunately. And it annoys me so much because the premise has so much potential! I loved the first book but then Alexandra Bracken decided to shove in my biggest book pet peeve into the plot twist and I was immediately put off. The second and third books of this trilogy are slow, boring and frustrating. On the naughty list with you!



6. A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
The Host- Stephanie Meyer
Whenever anyone hears the name Stephanie Meyer, they think of Twilight and that receives... mixed opinions, to say the least. And I think everyone assumes The Host isn't very good but I loved it!! Yes, I watched the movie before I ever read the book but I think the book definitely needs more appreciation. The concept is cool and the characters are amazing!



7. Red, Gold and Green: A book cover that has wonderfully Christmas-ey feel to it.
Half Bad trilogy- Sally Green
This question was actually really difficult because I don't really read Christmas-themed books and so I couldn't find any covers that had red, gold and green colours all together for Christmas! So, I've settled for thinking outside the box and going for this trilogy because, across the covers, you could argue that there's a nice Christmas theme going on.
Not that the books have anything to do with Christmas at all.

8. A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
Scythe- Neal Shusterman
I read Scythe earlier this year and absolutely loved it. I think it's a good book for anyone to start reading because it appeals to all genders and ages simply because the premise is so cool and, frankly, I think it would interest practically everyone.
Set in a world where humans have beaten every disease and natural cause of death, Scythes are appointed to randomly glean people in order to keep the population down. It's full of scheming, corruption and gripping plot twists that make this book so fascinating and exciting. If this book turned up under every single person's Christmas tree this year, I'd be ecstatic.


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment