Wednesday 29 March 2017

The Walking Dead: Volume One- Days Gone By- Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore BOOK TALK

*** (3.5 stars)
I just had to pick this one up after my quick recent addiction to the TV series, The Walking Dead. I've done many a TV talk for each episode so I'll link them at the bottom of this post if you're interested and there're also link on my TV TALKS page which you can find up above.
I'll start with the artwork; which was stunning. I've never really read a comic before so I found myself skimming over a few of the illustrations because I just jumped from speech bubble to speech bubble but I still took the time to appreciate the artwork. It had a nice and dark feel which is good for a zombie apocalypse book and, though I'd originally thought it may get confusing with lots of different characters, it was easy to tell who was who with their easily distinguishable features.
This was such a quick read and, while I'll probably just stick to the TV show, it was super interesting to appreciate and explore the original story.


AMAZON

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
The plot was pretty close to the show which was nice. Obviously, some issues within the group were skimmed over quite quickly but I think that's simply because it's harder to go in depth with a comic book.
It was interesting seeing Lori and Rick's relationship in the comic and how Shane's presence was very prominent from the very beginning. The conflict between Shane and Rick escalated very quickly but it was still pretty accurate to the show- though I feel like the show went more in depth with it.
I was a bit sad without my beautiful Daryl included but, it was such a quick read, I didn't really notice that he wasn't there.
It was really cool to see how characters like Andrea, Amy, Carol, Sophia, Dale, Glenn and Carl were originally presented. Even to the point where they all look the same as the TV show characters- there was superb casting!
Glenn was as awesome as always and I loved how the scene where Rick a
nd Glenn cover themselves in Walker guts was from the original!
I love reading straight through the dialogue because it's so quick to read and, along with the artwork, the story was vivid and imaginative.
I wasn't super surprised with any plot twists or situations mainly because I've seen the TV show and knew the rough direction of where things were going. Still, that didn't ruin my enjoyment of the comic and just created the idea of re-watching the story on a different creative platform.
Honestly, if I was in this zombie apocalypse situation, I would die pretty quickly but at least I can live vicariously through these amazing characters.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- who's your favourite TWD character? Stay amazing!
Chloe


TV TALKS

Season 1: | 1x01 | 1x02 | 1x03 | 1x04 | 1x05 | 1x06

Season 2: | 2x01 | 2x02 | 2x03 | 2x04 | 2x05 | 2x062x07 | 2x08 | 2x09 | 2x10 | 2x11 | 2x12 | 2x13 

Season 3: | 3x01 | 3x02



No comments:

Post a Comment