Thursday 30 March 2017

March Wrap Up 2017

A decent reading month for March!! I'm surprising myself with the reading I'm managing to shove into the busy days. Pat on the back for me.

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy- Cassandra Clare and co. (February's Book of the Month)
***
I was a bit behind with this book seeing as though it was February's Book of the Month but I didn't have much time to read and it's an extremely long book. I know, 'excuses excuses', but I tell the truth! It wasn't my favourite Cassie Clare book- Lady Midnight's the current champion- but it still gave a nice addition to the Shadowhunter world. I also loved seeing old and new characters alike.
This book consisted of ten short novellas that follow Simon in the Shadowhunter Academy.
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy BOOK TALK


Operation Prom Date- Cindi Madsen
****
I participated in a Book Tour for this book this month and I loved it- and I'm totally not bribed to say that. It was exactly the fun, quick and cutesy read that I needed to get me back to reading and all the fandom references made my heart truly happy. I also had a inclination to read it because my own prom's coming up so I thought it'd be fun to fill my head with unrealistic expectations... mission accomplished.
Operation Prom Date BOOK TALK




The Young Elites- Marie Lu (Book of the Month)
***
I then went straight into March's Book of the Month! This trilogy started off extremely well, in my opinion. The story is a bit of a blend between Throne of Glass, The Darkest Minds and Legend which was super interesting. This series is also super dark which I loved!
The Young Elites BOOK TALK





The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2)- Marie Lu
****
This was arguably my favourite book of the trilogy. We met new characters in this book and.... it's safe to say that I love them to death. This story was fast-paced, action-packed and stayed true to the dark and devastating undertone of the series. I love the protagonist and the journey she went through- at times it's hard to read but the character growth is totally worth it.
The Rose Society BOOK TALK





The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3)- Marie Lu
****
What an epic finale this was. The character growth of the protagonist really shone in this for me and the bonds we re-grew warmed my heart! The ending, I must say, was a little brushed over and unclear but I think that was essentially done so that it could be open to interpretation.
The Midnight Star BOOK TALK





The Walking Dead: Volume One: Days Gone By- Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore
***
Because of my recent obsession of the TV series, I wanted to dive into the comics even though I'm not a massive graphic novel person. I really enjoyed and loved being able to compare the differences between the show and the original comics. The artwork was stunning and it was such a quick read. While I probably won't continue with the comics, I still loved the read.
The Walking Dead BOOK TALK




A Monster Calls- Patrick Ness
After much- much - recommendation from Kaitlin, I finally picked up this book- mainly because I wanted to watch the movie and my reader instincts demanded that I read the book first. The whole plotline was executed beautifully and I love reading in a child's point of view- it's so insightful. Though, I am only 3 years older than the protagonist so... he's not that much of a child to me.
This book hit very close to home for me which probably made it even more emotional than it usually is.
A Monster Calls BOOK TA... oh, yeah. I still need to write a Book Talk. Stay tuned!


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- what books did you read this month? Stay amazing!
Chloe

1 comment: