Monday 4 September 2017

Writing Diary #10 - It's Been A While...

Side note: Previous Writing Diaries will be linked below this post in case you missed anything. 

I've decided to share a song from my current novel's playlist each Writing Diary! The song has links to my plot and has a similar feel to the story so I thought it'd be interesting to share. Today's are....

Live Like Legends- Ruelle and Take It All- Ruelle (Listen to all Ruelle songs... she's stunning)



So, the last time I updated, I was letting my first novel sit and had started planning my second novel- Project Prophecy... (That's not the actual title and it's cooler than that name, I promise).

I will say that I've totally pushed my first novel to the side because, reading over it, it sucks. I may return to it in the future but, at the moment, I'm much more excited about my new project.
And I'm around 30,000+ words through. I manage to write near 1000 words when I sit and write but I also put in a lot of planning- a big reason why this book is much better than the last. I've planned my characters, their backstories, the plot, the next two books (!!!) and characters that don't even appear until book three. I know I should focus on book one before continuing but.... book three characters are so good and I'm really excited!! This extra planning means I can also put sneaky foreshadowing in which I get a kick out of doing.
I'm also planning a novella for a certain character's backstory that I'm planning to write for Nanowrimo this year... my first year!! But I'll talk more on that nearer the time.

I've also begun a local Creative Writing course that's super interesting. It's scary because I've never put myself out there before but I'm really enjoying it and learning new things. The course is specifically tailored for short stories but general concepts can be applied to novels. Plus..... I've had an idea for a short story/novella for another character in my project- the character that first shows in book three.... I love her so much okay!!!
With this novel, I've been editing as I go along and my brother has been reading each chapter once I finish it, giving me things to edit and alter before continuing on. I'm finding this routine quite good for me at the moment and love going to write my book each day- it's all I freaking think about when I'm not writing. I love these characters so much and I'm so proud of this fantasy world that I've created (I even have a cool map and everything...)

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe


Writing Diary #1 | Writing Diary #2 | Writing Diary #3 | Writing Diary #4 | Writing Diary #5 | Writing Diary #6 | Writing Diary #7 | Writing Diary #8 | Writing Diary #9

5 comments:

  1. So much planning! I definitely think it is worth it as it makes such a big difference to books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It makes the book a lot easier to write as well- knowing exactly what is happening next.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi there!

    I've nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award here;

    http://biteintobooks.blogspot.nl/2017/09/mystery-blogger-award.html

    Please don't feel like this nomination is a MUST. Just participate if you like, and don't if you don't want to! Also; I'm sorry if you already were nominated once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thank you so much for nominating me! I have already done a post on this before but I'll definitely write another post answering all your questions!
      Thanks,
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Looking forward to it, let me know when it's finished!!

      Delete