Sunday 4 September 2016

Writing Diary #4 - Finishing the first draft!!!

I've finished!!!! The first draft, anyway...
I'm so excited to have completed a first draft of an entire novel because I've never done that before. It's a massive achievement for me! Yes, it's pretty rubbish right now but I can change what I want- there's no time limit. I need to work on my character development, plot lines and general writing style but it's great to have a written structure that I can work around and tweak.
I have spent hours upon hours each day writing this for eight months! That is a hecka long time, a lot of hours and I'm so goddamn proud of myself for persevering and finishing it.
I know it's not perfect- I'm not kidding myself. I know that in future I'll need to polish it, refine it and probably change every single word of it but, for now, I'm happy- I'm thrilled at where I am.
I'm super excited and let the editing commence!
I'm going to take a month or two off before starting to edit so that I can distance myself from the story and then come back with a blank and objective perspective. I can come back with a fresh mind and read through it subjectively.
Meanwhile, I'm playing around with another idea that I've had for a while and I think I'm going to jump straight into writing that (which I'm super excited about too!)

Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment