Thursday 1 September 2016

August Wrap Up 2016

August, as expected, was a super great reading month for me! I had all the time in the world to read and I read some freaking great books this month! On with the Wrap Up!



A Court of Mist and Fury- Sarah J. Maas
*****
I'm so happy I finally read this! This book has been my favourite Sarah J. Maas book yet by far! It was gripping, fast-paced and I cannot rave about it enough. It deserves all it's hype and I get so excited just thinking about it. I have a BOOK TALK for this book that includes all of my crazy theories on the next book. Check it out here.







The Hunger Games Trilogy- Suzanne Collins (Re-read)
I fancied a bit of a re-read this month and felt the urge to go to The Hunger Games. It was lovely to re-read them and made me feel  nostalgic and homey!






The Death House- Sarah Pinborough
***
This book was very a mysterious and intriguing read. I'd compare it to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children just because of the similar creepy vibe that it had.
The ending didn't really satisfy but, in general, it was still a good read.
I have a full BOOK TALK that I'll link here.





The Stars Never Rise- Rachel Vincent
****
Rachel Vincent is the author to one of my favourite series ever- The Soul Screamers- and I was all too excited to jump into her newest books.
It was an original and interesting premise and I thoroughly enjoyed. It was nice to see a slow-burning romance for once and I was more than ready to go straight onto the sequel.
Full BOOK TALK linked here.




The Flame Never Dies- Rachel Vincent
****
I was lucky enough to receive this ARC from the publishers (thank you!!!) which, obviously I loved. This was such a strong sequel and entertained me non-stop! I'm not entirely sure if this is last in the series because it could easily have more books despite it having quite a finished and satisfying end. The story was very clever and made me so happy whilst reading it.
I also have a BOOK TALK for this book (I've been very busy this month) which I'll link here.



The Cursed Child- J.K. Rowling + Jack Thorne
****
The Cursed Child was the 'book of the month' for August and boy, was it good! The joy of reading more from the wizarding world was overwhelming and I'm sure I harboured a beaming smile through the whole thing. I didn't mind that it was in a script format- I actually really enjoyed that aspect.
Again, I'll link the full BOOK TALK here.






Wonderfully Wicked- C. J. Burright
***
I decided to read this book on a whim and am quite glad I did. It was an interesting and original premise revolving around dreams and manipulating them. Obviously (you can probably tell by the cover) it's a romance-y book which was entertaining even if a bit frustrating at times.
Would you look at that! I have another BOOK TALK! (Is this getting boring yet?). I'll link it here! (Plus, it's non-spoiler!)




Beautifully Burned- C. J. Burright
***
As I'd read the first book, it felt good to go straight to the second! I preferred this to the first book for some reason so it was a strong sequel. You don't have to read them in order but I would advise it. This book jumps back into the world with the assumption that the reader knows the basics of this world and species.
Because of that, I'd recommend reading Wonderfully Wicked first.
BOOK TALK linked here.



Silence Is Goldfish- Annabel Pitcher
***
In the mood for a contemporary, I picked this up and... it was okay. I didn't love it, didn't hate it but had a solid like for the story. It started off a bit slow but paced nicer by the half-way mark. It was a strong story but the writing didn't capture me or create as much of an impact as I would've liked. However, I did enjoy it.






Omega- Lizzy Ford
***
I've seen this book around and I was intrigued. I love Greek mythology books so it instantly struck a chord with me.  I got sent this book as well and was happy to jump straight into it. I would say that it's a bit a slow and confusing in the beginning but it definatley makes up for it in the second half of the book. The action sequences were so well written and the ending made me desperate for the sequel!
I'll link the non-spoiler BOOK TALK here.




The DUFF- Kody Keplinger (Re-read)
*****
I started to re-read this at 9pm last night and stayed up until I finished it. I read in one sitting even thought I've read it so many times before. That's how good it is! I love this book so much and I love falling back into the story. It's so easy and quick to read and the characters are fun, sassy and downright cynical (which I love). It really boosted me out of the book slump I'd been having.






A Midsummer's Nightmare- Kody Keplinger
****
Being in a Kody Keplinger mood, I decided to pick up this book because I'd never read it and because it'd been on my shelf for ages! Like always, Kody didn't disappoint and I enjoyed it immensely. I read it super quickly and reading these books give me such joy and happiness. I'd highly recommend them.
BOOK TALK will be linked here for you.






Fourteen books read in August!!! Unfortunately, school is starting soon and my reading rate will go down drastically. However, September has some amazing releases that I 'm excited to get to!

Thanks for reading! Comment any books you've read this month! Stay amazing,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment