Thursday 4 August 2016

Writing Diary #2 - The Struggle!!!!!

Check out Writing Diary #1 if you missed it!


This is more of a rant, I feel, than an actual update but I need to get this frustration out of me.
I desperately want to finish the first draft of my book before the end of the summer holidays so have drastically increased my number of words goal per day.
So, it's the first day of the summer holidays, I'm ready and raring to right and I go straight to my laptop. I bang out a couple thousand words and I'm feeling super proud!
Then...the computer freezes.
All my work from the past few hours is lost and, though trying a million and one different ways, I cannot retrieve the file.
I'm not even joking- I sat down and cried.
I was so unbelievably proud of what I'd just written only to have it completely disappear.
Naturally, I spent the rest of the afternoon re-writing the chapter that I'd just written.
Sometimes, I hate technology.

Thanks for reading- I needed to get that out. I'm sure there's many people who can relate to that feeling. See you soon,
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. That's awful. I feel so bad for you but can't wait to preview your story for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. That's awful. I feel so bad for you but can't wait to preview your story for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete