Thursday 18 August 2016

Writing Diary #3 - The Final Stretch!!!

It's both scary and exciting that I'm so near the end of my first draft. Only a few more chapters to go and it's so fun for me to finally write these scenes. These moments have been playing over in my head since the very beginning and the relief to finally get them down on paper is surreal.
I know that when I go through and edit, I need to flesh out the side character plots. Throughout the book, I've been gradually dropping each character and keep forgetting to add them in again. I'm so focused on the main characters and main plot that the others just slip out of the narrative. I've tried to pick them up again but there's still so much to add in when I finish. It's going to be a lot of work but I'm preparing myself for it...ish.
I seem to be writing so much so quickly at the moment because I want to finish the first draft before school re-starts and my time is wholly consumed by it. But I'm so excited to be nearly finished!

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment! See you soon,
Chloe

 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment