Saturday 12 January 2019

Forever Fictional is Three Years Old!!!

It's that time of year again when Forever Fictional is officially a year older!!! We've sped through the terrible twos and now we're three years old!! My baby's growing up so fast *wipes away stray tear*
So, like always, I wanted to look back over the year and check out my highlights and favourite posts!
As always, thank you so much to every person who follows, likes and comments on my blog! I love you all so much!!!

Strings- Original Poetry
I didn't post as much poetry as I wanted to last year but I'm really happy with the pieces that I did. Yes, there are many other poems that I wrote last year but... maybe a little too personal to post. Sorry, not sorry.

World Book Day Baking w/ Kailtin

Like always, World Book Day is a great highlight of every year and last year was super fun as me and Kailtin (Liber Amoris) made bookish cupcakes!! Honestly, we're running out of fun bookish activities to do every year so, if you have any suggestions, we're all ears! But this ended up being super fun and the cupcakes looked amazing by the end (maybe a baking career will be a fallback if I don't become a writer... but let's hope not).

Hamilton @ the West End
Last year was definitely the year of musicals and it's fitting that Hamilton started it all off. I'd booked tickets for Hamilton a good 15 months before actually seeing it so it was an excruciating wait but totally worth it! The whole day was amazing, the performance phenomenal and I was ugly crying a lot throughout the day. Tears of happiness, of course. (Except during Stay Alive Reprise, damn you).

A Late Apology- Original Poetry
This was the only other poem I posted this year but I'm still super chuffed with it! As always, poetry is a very personal thing for me to post but this poem meant a lot to me so I wanted to share it.

Writing Diary #15- Finishing Another First Draft!!
I also finished the first and second draft of my current WIP and I'm so proud of it! I'm currently working through a hefty third draft but I'm still full of enthusiasm and love for the story and the characters. I've found that I really love editing this year (crazy, I know) because seeing my story improve and grow has been so satisfying and rewarding for me.

Author Interview w/ Shannon Greenland
This was a definite highlight of my year (I'm still fangirling a little). I've loved Shannon Greenland books ever since I read Shadow of a Girl a couple of years ago and last year I got the chance to interview her on my blog as well as receive an arc of her newest release, Watching You (which, spoiler alert, I also loved). I emailed her a bunch of questions which she answered and this was my first official author interview so it was a massive milestone for me and my blog!

Naming Pets after Fictional Characters
And how could I forget the additions to my family? Last year we got two adorable little kittens and we called them after characters from one of the greatest stories to ever grace this earth- Arya and Sansa. They've already grown so much!!! (And are also eagerly awaiting season 8 of Game of Thrones to see if both of their namesakes survive).

















Wicked
Wicked was the second musical I saw last year and it was brilliant! I'd only ever really heard the soundtrack once or twice before, so I was experiencing the entire show for the first time properly and I loved it!

Heathers @ the West End
This was a surprise one for me last year. I'd never even heard of the musical before last summer but, once I listened to a few songs, I was obsessed. Last year was truly the year of Heathers and I'm so lucky I got to go the West End and see it live with Carrie Hope Fletcher as the lead. It was absolutely amazing and I loved every second.


Thanks again for everyone who follows my blog- I appreciate you more than words can say! Here's to another great year!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your third year already! I hope more good things are coming your way :) (Sorry something went wrong with the last comment?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chloeeeeeee!!
    Definitely need more bookish activities soonnnnnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely need to do something cool for World Book Day this year!

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea! I did a poem made up of book titles a couple of years back but doing it with the spines would be so much fun too!

      Delete