Thursday 26 April 2018

I saw Hamilton at the West End!!!


Last weekend I was the luckiest person in the world and finally got to see Hamilton at Victoria Palace at the West End!! We got the tickets in January 2017 so I've waited over a year but I was definitely willing to wait for it. It was so worth the wait and will always be my favourite ever show.
I decided to document the whole day but I will be posting a full musical review soon where I go into depth about my opinions of the casting, choreography and the songs.
The entire day was so much fun and, even thought I was shattered by the end of it, I loved every second.
If you ever have the chance to see Hamilton at the West End, I'd immediately say go for it! Do not throw away your shot! The West End cast were amazing and it was a surreal experience getting to see it live.

They day started with a long long train journey but I was so damn energised!! I went to see Hamilton with my mum and, as she'd never heard the musical all the way through and only knew snippets of what it was about, I gave her a "quick" summary on the journey over. This got me super excited to watch it and... I think you can tell how excited I got.

excited, excited, Excited, EXCITED


When we got to London, we headed straight for Victoria Palace so we could take pictures before it got too busy and this such a good idea because it was super busy by the time we got there later. Being the complete nerd that I am, I had to get pictures with very single one of the displays because I made the most out of this trip. I think a career as a dancer is out of the question for me, though...

WORK, WORK!


I also have to say that the Victoria Palace is absolutely beautiful inside and out and is the perfect venue for Hamilton.
Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now!












There's nothing like summer in the city






After taking pictures, we had a little time to kill so we had a wander around some of the shops and sat down for a nice meal at Zizzi. I had a lovely lasagne dish and even got a "cute" artsy pic of it... I'm such a professional and not at all embarrassing in every social situation...
Awesome! Wow!

And then... it was time. The doors opened at 1.15 when the show started at 2.30 and me and my mum went straight in as early as we could. It was a good idea to get there super early because it got busy real fast. Our first stop was the merch store because there was no way I was leaving that theatre without a beautiful stack of Hamilton merch. I ended up leaving with both a West End programme and a Broadway programme (both of which are beautiful!), a Schuyler Sisters t-shirt and a Hamilton scarf which may just be my favourite thing ever.
How can I say no to this???















I'm helpless...



After that we had a bit of a wait which I spent taking a bunch of selfies (I had a ridiculous amount which, yes, I will bore you with) as well as flicking through the two programmes and appreciating their beauty. I even had the chance to take a snap of my beautifully painted Hamilton nails because I'm just that sad.
I'm willing to wait for it


We finally got down to sit in our seats and we were so close!! We were in the third row from the front and there are definitely pros and cons to sitting so close but I really enjoyed sitting there. When you're close to the stage, you may not get the full effect of the choreography but that didn't really bother me because I've seen a recording of the show on Youtube and so already knew how all the choreography looked. But, seeing it live and so close was stunning because you really got the opportunity to see all the acting and small details that made it brilliant. Seeing the performers so close that they felt close enough to touch was amazing because their acting and facial expressions were so clear and it enhanced the experience for me. I forgot that there were hundreds of people behind me and felt like I was actually in the performance.

In the room where it happens


I feel like the whole show went too quick! Hamilton is a long show and yet, each act flew by in a flash and the interval was over in blink. I think I'll say that Act 2 was my favourite although it's very hard to pick between the two. I, of course, had tears in my eyes during Burn and Stay Alive Reprise but I only fully started crying in Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story because... that was it! It took me until the very last song to fully realise I was watching Hamilton and that, as soon as that song finished, it would be over. I was shaking as we left the theatre because, damn, I was feeling a lot of feels.
Teach them how to say goodbye
The journey home was a lot more tiring because all the adrenaline and energy I had been living on seeped out of me but I was still on cloud nine. It really was one of the best experiences of my life and I'm so grateful I got the opportunity to go.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Living vicariously through you here, haha. It looks like you had a fantastic time - I'm so glad! First off, I love the song references sprinkled throughout your post ;). Also, I love your shirt, your nails (I always theme my makeup when I go to shows and the movies and such)...and your NEW SCARF! I want to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! The photos took ages to organise but it was worth it ;)
      xx

      Delete