Thursday 10 May 2018

A Late Apology- Original Poetry

It's been a while since I posted a poem even though I've been writing a lot lately. I thought I'd share a poem I wrote back in November. Again, it's depressing because that's all I can seem to write but I hope you enjoy it!


A Late Apology

I'm sorry
that
for all those years
I saw you as a safety net
not on purpose
but a harness
allowing me to jump for newer
higher things
knowing that if I failed
you'd still be there


Because now
in your absence
I realise you were my crutch
necessary for me to stand
to move
to live
there to support me
despite you determination
to leave for a while
and support others as well
knowing I'd be okay
if only for mere moments
before you returned

And now that you're gone
lifting strangers with your steel
I crumble to the ground and realise
I never had a safety net
and I let my crutch go

And so,
I'm sorry
I blame myself
more than I ever blamed you

- Chloe Harris, November 2017

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I sighed when I finished this...but the good kind, if that makes any sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sighed when I finished writing it- totally in a good way to finally get what I was feeling out. XD

      Delete