Thursday 31 May 2018

May Wrap Up 2018

I did pretty well this month but I definitely watched more than I read because I'm lazy and just wanted to snuggle up and have things presented to me instead of reading and having to come up with all the imagery. But, still, I don't think I did too bad.

BOOKS
Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo (April's Book of the Month) 
* * * *
Yes, Six of Crows was April's Book of the Month so I'm a little late but I started it in April and finished it in May so I didn't do too badly. I really liked Six of Crows. I struggled a bit at the beginning because it was this whole new world thrust in front of me with so many different characters and things going on but once you understand the basics, it's easier to sit back and enjoy. I will eventually pick up the sequel, Crooked Kingdom, but I'll leave it a while because a) I need a break from such dense writing and b) there's just so much more I need to read right now.


A Court of Mist and Fury- Sarah J. Maas (May's Book of the Month) 
* * * * *
And, then, I went to re-read my favourite book in the entire world! Because A Court of Frost and Starlight came out this month, I wanted to re-read the series before the new release to refresh all of the tiny details (though, to be fair, I have most of it memorised by now). And, when I say re-read the series... I mean re-read ACOMAF and ACOWAR because ACOTAR is just like a prequel and doesn't have nearly enough pages with my favourite character in. I love re-reading ACOMAF because it's so easy to fall into and these characters are my all-time favourites.
A Court of Mist and Fury Book Talk
A Court of Mist and Fury Re-read Book Talk



Milk and Honey- Rupi Kaur
* * * 
As I was in a little bit of a downer mood this month, I turned to Rupi Kaur's soothing poetry because it always makes me feel a little less alone. I will say that I prefer Kaur's other poetry book, The Sun and Her Flowers, more than this one, simply because it covered more of a variety of topics. Milk and Honey focuses very specifically on romantic relationships and, for someone who's never been in a relationship, it's not as easy to relate to.




Operation Prom Date- Cindi Madsen (Re-read)
* * * * 
I wanted a really quick, easy read and I was craving a bit of cheesy romance. I read this last year and thought I'd give it a re-read because I knew I loved it. This book has cuteness and warm hugs rolled right in and the best thing is that one of the protagonists is a total fangirl and references many different things throughout the book which is beyond adorable. It has the guaranteed warm and fuzzy happy ending which never fails to make me a lot happier.
Operation Prom Date Book Talk




All Laced Up- Erin Fletcher (Re-read)
* * * *
Again, I wanted another cutesy romance and Entangled Crush books are definitely the way to go. This is probably my favourite Entangled Crush book because it balances romance, ice hockey and Hamilton references- all my favourite things! I had a massive smile the whole way through reading it and, again, happy endings just make life so much easier.
All Laced Up Book Talk







A Court of Wings and Ruin- Sarah J. Maas (Re-read)
* * * * *
In preparation for ACOFAS, I continued re-reading the main series and I loved it! This was the first time re-reading ACOWAR and I loved being able to pick up on all of the smaller details I hadn't noticed before. 
A Court of Wings and Ruin Book Talk 







The Bad Boy Bargain- Kendra C. Highley 
* * * *
Since I was on a role with Entangled Crush books, I picked up the final book of that publisher that i own and enjoyed it just as much as the others. These books are so feel good and addictive- once you pick them up, they're glued to your hands. I said goodbye to sleep and read it one night because they're just so cute and easy and quick to read.
The Bad Boy Bargain Book Talk



TV and MOVIES
Avengers: Infinity War (Re-watch)
* * * * *
Yeah... I loved this movie so much, I went straight back to the cinema three days later to watch it all over again (why I'd willingly put myself through such emotional torment another time is beyond me). I went with my friend this time and I loved it just as much! I could really sit back and take in all the details the second time round instead of gasping and sitting on the edge of my seat as I waited for everything to come together. Infinity War is easily one of my all time favourite movies.

Silver Linings (Re-watch)
* * *
I've only ever watched this movie once before but I was in the mood for a nice contemporary movie with a side plot of romance. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are absolutely amazing in this and the movie also has a great awareness towards mental illness which I really appreciate. This is such a heart-warming and touching story and I'm super happy I re-watched it.

Awkward Season 3 (Re-watch)
* * * * *
I continued binge watching the seasons of Awkward and I just love watching them! They're so easy and carefree and enjoyable to watch! I'm not saying all the characters are great or the plot lines are devoid of any flaws but it's just a simple and funny thing to watch when you need a bit of a lift. Awkward will forever be a guilty pleasure for me.

Hannah Montana: The Movie (Re-watch) 
* * *
I have no shame. None whatsoever.
Me and my mum sat down for a nice movie night and what's better than the innocence of youth through a beloved Disney character? I'm not saying it's the height of film and plot development but it's my guilty pleasure and makes me feel super nostalgic.

Anastasia (Re-watch)
* * *
I was in a bit of a low mood this month so, as always, Disney and nostalgic movies are always my friend. Anastasia was actually my favourite Disney movie as a kid but I never watched it that much because the evil guy in it scared me. Now that I'm much older and the villain won't give me nightmares at night, I re-watched it for the first time in years and was reminded of why I loved it so much. I got this lovely nostalgic feeling that just makes any worries melt away for the duration of the movie and that was a lovely feeling to sink into.


21 Jump Street (Re-watch)
* * * *
I don't know why I was in the mood for this but, apparently after watching an influx of Disney, my brain decided I needed some age appropriate entertainment. I've watched 21 Jump Street multiple times before but I've never seen 22 Jump Street. I re-watched this first movie just so that I was all caught up before jumping into the next one.

The Greatest Showman (Re-watch)
* * * * 
As soon as the DVD came out this month, my mum was out and buying it because she absolutely loves this film. So do I, of course. We had a nice movie night in and re-watched this movie. The songs and choreography was just as lovely to watch and I love the story.
The Greatest Showman Movie Talk

The Amazing Spider-man 
* * *
Now I can officially say that I've seen every actor of Spider-man and can confirm that Tom Holland is my favourite. Andrew Garfield played a good Spider-man but it wasn't a totally amazing film. The effects were kind of laughable and every time Gwen and Peter had a conversation, they were stuttering so badly it became annoying... just spit it out! Honestly, half of the film time was used up by them trying to get their sentences out. It was cute at first but was way overdone by the end.
Despite it not being my favourite, I did enjoy this movie and may very well watch the sequel as well.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

1 comment:

  1. You're never alone, I'm here whichever way I can be for you.... even if you want me to write you a poem ;-)

    ReplyDelete