Thursday 31 January 2019

January and Birthday Haul 2019

January is always a pretty successful month because it's my birthday so I got lots of awesome fandom stuff and I'm so grateful!!!!!

Pre-Birthday
Walking Disaster- Jamie McGuire
The first buy of 2019 and it was a steal! I found this at a charity shop for £1 and it still in pretty good condition! Walking Disaster is effectively the story of Beautiful Disaster but in the guy's point of view. Beautiful Disaster was a total guilty pleasure read for me so I'm sure I'll like this one just as much.
Beautiful Disaster Book Review

Kingdom of Ash- Sarah J. Maas (American Hardcover)
Please don't judge me!!! I really needed this! Yes, I already have a paperback of this book but this was the American Hardback edition! It was too beautiful to resist! I read this book last year and it's one of my all-time favourites so, when I found the stunning American hardcover in a bookshop, it would've been a crime not to buy it. I also have the American copy of Empire of Storms when I went to New York a couple of years ago so that beautiful hardcover was feeling lonely and needed a friend... which I couldn't say no to.
Kingdom of Ash Book Review (Part 1)
Kingdom of Ash Book Review (Part 2)

Dothraki Language Book
Who needs French or Spanish when you could learn Dothraki?! Dothraki is a language spoken in the one and only Game of Thrones and, news flash, it's an actual language that you can study and learn! We found this book and audio CD super cheap at a second hand store and, soon, I'll be able to speak fluent Dothraki. Just you wait.

dodie CD
I had this pre-ordered back in December because dodie is one of my favourite musicians in the world and she finally has a CD available for me to buy (yes, I'm old school and like to buy physical CDs and DVDs instead of downloading and yes, it's because I'm terrible with technology and don't trust it).

Archenemies (Renegades #2)- Marissa Meyer (Kindle Version)
I read and finished (and reviewed) the first book of this series in January and I couldn't physically wait for the next one to come out! The hardcover and kindle versions are available but the paperback copy isn't released until April and there was no way I was waiting that long to continue this beautiful series. So, kindle it was. I'm super close to finishing this book at it is worth every penny!

Post-Birthday

Till Death- Jennifer L. Armentrout 
I got a JLA book!! I'm super excited that I got this book because JLA can do no wrong in mind. Till Death is actually an adult thriller/romance which sounds super cool as I've only read her Young Adult novels and I'm pumped to get around to reading this.
Dry- Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman
This was another book that I was desperately hoping I got for my birthday. Ever since reading Scythe and Thunderhead last year, I've been so eager to read more of Neal Shusterman's genius and this book has another super cool concept that I'm sure will be executed to perfection.  
Scythe Book Review
A Very Large Expanse of Sea- Tahereh Mafi
I'm a huge lover of Tahereh Mafi but I've never read a contemporary of hers so this will be really interesting. This book centres around a Muslim girl at high school in the years following 9/11 and I'm so ready for a diverse and profound read!

Ant-Man and the Wasp
I'm so happy I got this because me and my brother needed to collect all the movies so we can marathon them again before Endgame. Ant-Man and the Wasp was one of my favourite movies last year and I can't wait to give it another re-watch.
Killing Eve Season 1
I'm already re-watching this series because it's stunning! The next season comes out in April and I desperately want to re-watch it all and review each episode before then! This is one of my all-time favourite series and I'm so happy I can now add it to my tower of TV.
Season 1 Review
Pitch Perfect 3
Now that I have the full trilogy, me, my mum and my brother are re-watching them all again (my brother for the first time) and they're just such easy movies to watch! They're funny, don't take themselves too seriously and have a nice amount of singing to keep me good and happy.

Westworld Shirt
My lovely brother got me a cool Westworld shirt for my birthday and I love it! Westworld is one my all-time favourite shows and now I'll look super as a part of Delos.

Tony Stark Funko Pop
My brilliant friend got me this for my birthday because we're both obsessed with Marvel and she knows how much I love Tony Stark (I would defend him with my life). Tony now sits proudly on my tower of TV along with Dolores from Westworld.

Bullet Journal Supplies
Not strictly fandom based but I've been getting super into bullet journalling and I got some gorgeous stationary supplies for it!! I can now bullet journal to my heart's content with white gel pens, tombow pastel brush pens and a beautiful Sakura Pigma Micron fineliner (which writes so smoothly I fall in love every time I use it). Yes... I love stationary.

Hamilton Tickets!!
And, finally.... Hamilton tickets!! I know what you're thinking- have we travelled back two years to when I was saying this exact same thing on my sweet sixteen? No. I just have amazing parents who know exactly what to get me- even if's the same thing twice.
Though I only went last year to see Hamilton at the West End, we decided to go again because a) it was absolutely flawless and b) we want to experience it differently. Last year, we were in the third row so you could see a lot of the acting and facial expressions but not much of the overall choreography. This time, we're going to try sitting further back to see the full effect of the choreography which is gonna be awesome! I'll be going with my mum again but this time we're gonna stay up in London for the night as well which will be super fun!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

3 comments:

  1. Dodie's album is amazing!!
    I've always liked the idea of the bullet journals you'll have to show me yours sometime :-P
    Whatttttt Hamilton???!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been thinking about doing a full blog post with some pics of my bullet journal pages. Good idea or not?
      And yyyeeeeesssss Hamilton!!! XD

      Delete