Saturday 5 January 2019

Most Anticipated Releases 2019

2019 is looking to be an amazing year and there are so many books, movies and TV shows that I'm super excited for! So, I thought I'd list out the things I'm looking forward to most!

Books
Storm and Fury (The Dark Elements #4)- Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've been excited about this ever since I heard it was a thing. The Dark Elements series was originally a trilogy but this a spin-off series starting, following a new protagonist amongst old characters and it sounds so good! The protagonist apparently has the same eye disease Jennifer L. Armentrout has so I'm super interested to learn more about that and any type of awareness creates an instant A+ in my book.

The Burning Shadow (Origin #2)- Jennifer L. Armentrout
Let's face it, Jennifer L. Armentrout could release a dictionary and it would be on this list. This is the second book of the Origin series which is the spin-off series to the Lux books. I love this world, I love these characters and I'm going to love reading every single word. I received a digital arc of the first book last year so I'm gonna cross my fingers and pray for an arc of this one as well.

Again But Better- Christine Riccio 
Christine Riccio may be better known as the Youtube channel PolandbananasBOOKS and, as soon as she said she was writing a book a couple of years ago, I was ready for this. Yes, there's a major controversy around Youtube books but I think Booktubers are naturally and genuinely going to write books because we all love reading and the dream for many readers is to become a writer one day. Nevertheless, I'm so pumped for this book and am expecting that classic and infectious Xtinemay humour from this book.

The World of Throne of Glass- Sarah J. Maas
Yes, we're all really surprised a Sarah J. Maas book is on this list too. This isn't even a story as such but a book exploring the world of the Throne of Glass series. I can just imagine how beautiful and detailed this book is going to be because SJM creates the most intricate and complex worlds that just take your breath away. No doubt this book will contain loads of small and exciting details about the world, magic and characters.

All For One (Alex and Eliza #3)- Melissa De La Cruz
I haven't even read the first two books in this trilogy and I'm excited for the third... I'm a simple person; I see Alexander and Eliza Hamilton on a book cover and I want it. I've wanted to read the first couple of books for ages so I'll definitely plan to get through the entire trilogy this year.

Defy Me (Shatter Me #5)- Tahereh Mafi 
I was debating including this one but then I felt bad and added it simply so I wouldn't hurt it's feelings.
I had mixed opinions on the fourth book, Restore Me, and since reading it, my willingness to continue the series has to lessened every single day. I'm not saying Restore Me was a bad book but it was unnecessary, disappointing and depressing! And I'm not a massive fan of the direction the story and characters are going so... it'll be an odd book to decide whether to read or not.


Movies
Captain Marvel
Avengers: Endgame
Spiderman: Far From Home 
Marvel is going to break me into pieces this year. And, yes, I fully appreciate that it's going to distract me from all my exam revision as they're released around exam season and will likely result in me failing... thanks, Marvel.

The Sun is Also a Star

All the Bright Places
Ps. I Still Love You
These are two book to movie adaptations that I'd love to see but I may not even get the chance because they're on Netflix!!!!! which I still don't have!!! One day, one day....



TV
Killing Eve Season 2
Killing Eve was one of my favourite shows last year and I'm already desperate for the next season. This show is cool and exciting and sexy and action-packed and hilarious and everything you could possibly want in a show. I have high expectations for this season and no doubt they'll be met. 
Game of Thrones Season 8
This is probably most people's highly anticipated release for the year. And again, it's being released around exam season so, again, I'll blame HBO for me failing my exams.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- what are you looking forward to this year? Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment