Tuesday 1 January 2019

December and Christmas Haul 2018!!!

Pre-Christmas
G'morning G'night- Lin Manuel Miranda
I got this early in the month as a gift from my mum which was the sweetest thing ever! It was a celebratory gift for me passing my driving test and it's a book I've been needing for a while! Lin Manuel Miranda is the writer of the musical Hamilton and this book is a compilation of his inspirational tweets. I've been reading it exactly how it should be read- one tweet in the morning and one in the evening. Sure, it means I'm only getting through two pages a day and it'll probably take me months to finish, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Queen of Air and Darkness- Cassandra Clare
This book was an extremely anticipated release for a lot of people and, honestly, I think I just bought it for the sake of it. I have the giant and beautiful editions of the first two books in this trilogy so I had to get the same version before they switched it to a smaller edition simply so they would match. But, I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I may not get any of Cassandra Clare's books in the future. I feel like the Shadowhunter world has stretched on too long now and getting myself to read each book seems like a chore. I've got so little time to read and so little bookshelf space that all these spin-off book planned for the Shadowhunter world just isn't worth it to me anymore.
(I'm sorry to rub it in your face that I have this, Shayna. I'm sure yours will come in the post soon ;D)

Post-Christmas
Books
I didn't really get gifted many books for Christmas at all because everyone in my family is too scared to buy me books in case the cover is wrong or damaged. Nevertheless, I did get many book gift cards and have since spent them!
The Summer I Turned Pretty- Jenny Han
It's Not Summer Without You- Jenny Han
I absolutely love the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series so it's about time I read more of Jenny Han's work. This duology looks like a really quick and easy read and hopefully it's as adorable as Han's other work.
Uprooted- Naomi Novik
I've been super intrigued in this book for so long and I've only heard great things! It sounds like a mysterious, fantasy and folklore story and I'll definitely get to reading it next year.
Feminists Don't Wear Pink and Other Lies- Samatha Curis 
This was an impulse buy. When I went shopping, it seemed like I saw this book in every single shop, so I took it as fate and finally got it. This book is a selection of personal accounts from a range of women about their experiences with feminism which sounds so interesting. It has passages from people like Emma Watson, Evanna Lynch, Saoirse Ronan and I'm super excited to start it.
Dear Evan Hansen- Val Emmich
This was the only fiction book I received for Christmas and I'm so excited to read it! Dear Evan Hansen is one of my favourite musicals and I can't wait to read the full story in novel form- no doubt it will leave me in tears just like the musical.
Movie Geek- Simon Brew
I got this from my friend and it's a really cool book full of loads of movie facts and information. I've had a quick flick through it so far and it looks awesome!

Other
Imagine Dragons- Smoke and Mirrors
This was the only CD I got but that's totally fine by me because Imagine Dragons is my favourite band and this album is awesome!


Westworld Season 2
Westworld is one of my all-time favourite TV series and I can't wait to rewatch this series and attempt to make sense of it.
Agent Carter Season 1 and 2
Agent Carter was another of my favourite series last year and I already want to watch them all again. Peggy Carter is my favourite Marvel character after Iron Man so I'll watch her for hours any day.

The Darkest Minds
I missed this while it was on in cinemas and, while I've heard varied reviews of it, I can't wait to see for myself what it's like.
The Breakfast Club
This was one of my favourite movies of last year so I'm so happy to now have it on DVD because I can watch it over and over again!
The Book Thief
I read this book a while ago and I've only seen the movie once but I can't really remember too much of what happened so I'm really looking forward to watching it again. From what I can remember, it was a really faithful adaptation.
Ready Player One
I watched this way back in March when it was in cinemas and it was really good! Sure, it's not the most faithful adaptation out there but it was still enjoyable.

F.r.i.e.n.d.s Calendar 
F.r.i.e.n.d.s Diary 
F.r.i.e.n.d.s Trivial Pursuit 
If you don't know, Friends is my ultimate favourite TV show and I'm a mega-fan of it that has probably watched each episode at least ten times. I've already challenged my uncle to the trivial pursuit because he's my only real competition in the family- it'd be a challenge to beat him.

Ravenclaw Scarf 
I'm so psyched to finally have a Ravenclaw scarf! This is something that I've been wanting for years and it's the best thing ever- I've barely taken it off.
Ravenclaw Bookmark
Ravenclaw Knee High Socks
Winnie the Pooh socks
A fun fact about me (and I'm playing it loose with the word 'fun'), I love new socks. Wearing a pair of socks for the first time is the best feeling ever.

I'm so thankful for everything I got this year and am feeling really really lucky!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- what did you get this year? Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. "(I'm sorry to rub it in your face that I have this, Shayna. I'm sure yours will come in the post soon ;D)"
    Hahahahahaha! I hope to GOD it lives up to my expectations! I don't blame you if you don't continue with them...I wasn't sure I was going to originally, but I fell in love with Julian and Emma, so I had to. I don't plan to purchase Chain of Gold instantly though - I want to read it first.
    And I am so intimidated by Uprooted...but I want to read it at some point anyway. Jealous about your stunning Ravenclaw scarf ;) I am one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually reading Uprooted right now and I'm loving it!!! It's addictive! You should definitely read it

      Delete