Saturday 26 January 2019

The Breakfast Club TAG

It's tag time! As The Breakfast Club was one of my favourite movies last year, I thought I'd do a quick tag revolving around it! I found this on Joely's Reads Youtube channel so I'll link that here in case you want to check it out.

1. Don't You Forget About Me- a book you can't forget for the right or wrong reasons
Holes- Louis Sacher
This is such a nostalgic book for me. I remember my primary school teacher reading it to my class when I was about nine and it was the best story I'd ever heard. There was a major plot twist, I loved the characters and I was just captivated by the plot. I'll always remember this book for the very best of reasons as it's such a lovely part of my childhood.

2. Sincerely Yours, The Breakfast Club- a group of book characters you love
The Morganville Vampires series- Rachel Caine
This is a 15 books series... 15 books! And I've read each and every one multiple times. You don't do that if the characters are sloppy.
The Morganville Vampire series has some of the best characters ever- that's why everyone keeps reading! The plot lines can be a little sub-par sometimes but the characters make everything so worth it. They're all so bad-ass and loyal and sassy and it makes for one hilarious cast of characters.

3. We Are Not Alone- a book character that made you feel like you are not alone
Evan Hansen (Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich)
The whole point of this book, I think, is to make you feel less alone. Evan Hansen is one of the most relatable characters for me personally because he has social anxiety and I can understand his thought processes so much throughout this book. While it's painfully relatable, it's also sort of comforting to know you're not alone and the message of the story is really profound.
Dear Evan Hansen Book Review

4. The Criminal- a complex rebellious character 
Nate (One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus)
Nate is literally described on the blurb, in true Breakfast Club fashion, "the criminal." And yet, I loved his character. In all honesty, he was the character I suspected least. I shipped him with our brainy character of the book and he's cool! Sure, he does things that I personally wouldn't approve of but he's a complex character and perfect for this question.
One of Us is Lying Book Review

5. The Princess- a character that was more than their pristine image
Kestrel (The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski)
From the very beginning, Kestrel is set up to be this spoilt, bratty princess character and... she defies the pristine image so beautifully. What I love about Kestrel is that she doesn't have physical strength and abilities but she uses her brain. She's so clever and uses her smart strategies to out-think her opponents so many times throughout this series.
The Winner's Trilogy Book Review

6. The Basket Case- a book you feel is underappreciated
Vicious- V. E. Schwab
I think all of V. E. Schwab's books are underrated but Vicious, in particular, is a masterpiece that no one talks about enough. Vicious is a story of two villains and it's so exciting and compelling! There's a real debate over good vs evil and what you identity with depending on the angle and perspective which I found so fascinating! All the characters are amazing and the plot twists gave me frequent heart attacks so I'd definitely recommend.
Vicious Book Review

7. The Brain- a nerdy book character you loved
Frank (Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson)
Frank is just the perfect nerd and I can say this definitively because I'm also a massive nerd. Frank is just the good guy of any book and it's brilliant because the love interest doesn't always have to be a 'reformed bad boy'- geeky good guys are irresistible too and they're much less unhealthy! Frank is such a nerd when it comes to his studies and interests but I love that about him and he has a heart of gold. Everyone should aspire to be like Frank Porter. Everyone.

8. The Athlete- a jock who proved to be more than their label 
Peter Kavinsky (To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han)
Peter Kavinsky is your classic ladies man, sporty guy that you'd never have a chance in heaven with. But, he also happens to be the sweetest and funniest guy and one of my favourite book boyfriends. Peter is so much more than a jock label and it's so great to learn about him in this trilogy. He's an absolute perfect match for Lara Jean and, while he does have his flaws, his heart's always in the right place and he's a sweet and caring guy behind his 'cool guy' bravado.

9. The Hallway Chase- a scene in a book that put you on the edge of your seat
Renegades- Marissa Meyer
This entire book had me on the edge of my seat- not just one scene!
The whole premise of this book makes it full of tension and fears of being caught but there was one particular scene amongst all the other tension that truly had me on the edge of my seat (I was literally squirming in my seat with a half-grin, half-grimace on my face). And that was the scene with Winston. I won't spoil anything but there's an interrogation with Winston and it had me so on edge because I thought he was gonna give something very crucial away!! It was a stressful but absolutely entertaining time.
Renegades Book Review

10. Fist in the Air- a book with a satisfying ending
Kingdom of Ash- Sarah J. Maas
And finally, the finale of all finales. I really tried to not include a SJM book, I really did. But the is the most satisfying book I've ever read! Sure, it broke my heart a thousand different ways but it was the best experience ever. Every single loose end is tied up and this book ends the entire series so beautifully (not that you should expect anything less from a SJM novel).
Kingdom of Ash Book Review (Part 1)
Kingdom of Ash Book Review (Part 2)


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

6 comments:

  1. I watched this film just for you two so I can finally understand all of your references!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Who would you be out of them all? I identify as the brain while Taya is definitely the basket case XD

      Delete
    2. I am definitely no athlete, princess or criminal!! Can I just be the nobody who fits in-between both your categories??

      Delete
    3. You can be like a merge character! XD You're divergent!

      Delete
  2. Your friend Taya must be amazing as to not get offended by you calling them a basket case ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Taya is super amazing, yes! I'm sure she'd love to know that the Basket Case is my favourite character of the movie so that says a lot about how much I love her quirky and relatable character ;)

      Delete