Thursday 25 October 2018

I saw Heathers at the West End!!!

This was a super quick decision. With Hamilton, we bought the tickets fifteen months before seeing it. With Heathers... it was more like a month. Heathers is currently playing at the Royal Haymarket Theatre in the West End but it's only showing for a really short run (September-November). So, there was no time like the present and, as I became obsessed with this musical over the summer, it was now or never.
I was particularly excited to see this version of Heathers because Carrie Hope Fletcher is playing the lead and I'm a huge fan of her YouTube channel. She posts tonnes of vlogs of her and the cast backstage and behind the scenes which meant I was a fan of all of the cast before even seeing them live.
I will be doing a completely separate review of the West End Heathers similar to what I did with both my Hamilton 'Vlog' and Review, so stay tuned for that (because I have a lot of opinions on some of the songs they added and some of the songs they cut).
It's also been announced that there's going to be a Heathers West End Soundtrack which is awesome because then I'll have a CD will all the cast I got to see live which will be such a special thing to keep and remember this performance by.

We started the day with a good ol' train journey. Honestly, I don't mind the super long journey to get to London, especially for West End shows, because it builds the anticipation so much until I'm just full of energy and excitement. Plus, me and mum can never fail to have a good chat (and take a flurry of photos).
I didn't cosplay exactly for Heathers but I wore Heather Chandler red as well as having the scrunchie that is the iconic symbol for both the movie and musical. I also had Heathers inspired nails because that's just how dedicated I am. I had the three colours of the Heathers as well as a blue nail for Veronica and a black nail for JD.
When we got to London, we pretty much did the same kind of thing as we did with Hamilton. Firstly, we set off to find the Royal Haymarket Theatre because it's always a good idea to know where you're going so you don't end up rushing later.
Also, it's good to find it first because you have all the photo opportunity. Closer to the time of the show, it gets super busy and it's harder to get the good photos. So, we went there first and took lots of pictures outside which was a lot of fun.





At this point, we had a good three hours until the show actually started so we wandered around London for a while, going into various shops and walking straight out again because the prices!!! We eventually went into Pizza Express for food. And, ironically, we didn't even have pizza. My mum had lasagne and I had a lovely bolognese.




Once we were officially stuffed, we had a bit of time to kill so just found somewhere to sit and relaxed for a bit.

And then it was time. We headed over to the theatre again in time for the doors opening and it wasn't long before we went in! We got to our seats and they were amazing! It was actually a pretty small theatre but we were sat in the front row of the royal circle which just had the best view possible.


And then, the show! It was absolutely stunning. Carrie Hope Fletcher as Veronica was the best thing ever and I even prefer her to the original. The entire show was amazing and it still hasn't really sunken in that I've seen it live.
After the show, we had a while to wait for the next train so we went to get a drink from Costa (classic hot chocolate for me) and then we went home! The train journey back always feels a lot longer and, as we went on a weekday this time, the evening rush was ridiculous.



Overall, it was an amazing day and I'm so so grateful I got to go see it. It still baffles me that I've seen Carrie Hope Fletcher live and I think Heathers is such an underrated musical that everybody needs to see. Honestly, every time anyone asks me what I went to see and I reply with Heathers, they have no ideas what I'm talking about. And that is a crime, my friend. A crime!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

11 comments:

  1. I love these posts so much, you have no idea.
    Okay, so I am insanely glad that I'm not the only one who themes my outfits this much when I go to shows (I do it for movies as well, but I usually just do my make-up and not my nails).
    Also, I'm going to England next year and I keep hearing about Costa Coffee...but I have no idea what it's like! I never got the chance to try them when they were around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love planning my outfits and stuff to themes!!
      You need to go to Costa when you come to England!! It's amazing!! Where abouts in England are you going?
      x

      Delete
    2. We're still in the planning stages, but currently looking at mostly London, East Sussex, and Cornwall. It's so hard to limit to just a few areas!

      Delete
    3. That's awesome! I hope you have a great time (and also hope you're coming in the summer months because we're known for our rain ;)

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous. You were like a stranger to musicals and then suddenly you are seeing everything and making me so so jealous. I so wish I could see Heathers but I don't think I ever will.
    Plus you saw Carrie Hope Fletcher :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've never been a stranger to musicals- it's me and my mum's thing to go and see as many as we can. But I have been lucky recently to go to the West End more than I ever have in my life XD
      Carrie Hope Fletcher is stunning in real life and I still can't even get over the fact that I've technically been in the same room as her! I was fangirling so hard
      x

      Delete
    2. Kaitlin, did you delete your blog?!?

      Delete
    3. Um yes I have for now. I did it whilst in the middle of some really low self esteem.. I do plan on reviving it but no date currently..

      Delete
    4. I'm sorry to hear that, but I do understand. When you're ready to bring it back, I will be happy to read your work again. (Please don't hesitate to talk to me by sending me a message in the box on the side of my blog. I know we don't know each other very well, but I'm always happy to listen)

      Delete
    5. Thank you. That's really nice of you.

      Delete