Saturday 27 October 2018

October Book Haul 2018

October was the month of poetry and new releases for me. As always, I start to buy less and less books on the lead up to Christmas (understandably) but I still did pretty well this month.

To Make Monsters Out of Girls- Amanda Lovelace
This was an impulse buy. I just saw the beautiful hardcover and saw that it was written by my favourite author and naturally gravitated towards it. Amanda Lovelace is an amazing poet and this is the first book in her new poetry series. I've been bogged down by a lot of work and stress recently so reading a quick and easy poetry book is the most appealing thing in the world to me right now.

The Witch Doesn't Burn in this One- Amanda Lovelace
And as I was getting one poetry book, I thought 'what the hell?' and just got another to complete my Amanda Lovelace collection. This is the sequel to The Princess Saves Herself In This One which I absolutely loved so I have high hopes for this one too.

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7)- Sarah J. Maas 
I actually pre-ordered this one last month (of course) but it came this month and I was so excited!! Opening it was so much fun and it's gorgeous!! It's huge and 975 pages and I'm enamoured but also hecka intimidated! It feels so good to finally have my Throne of Glass collection complete and looking beautiful on my shelves. And I'm determined to read this as quickly as possible because spoilers are already lurking around every corner and I'm terrified!

The Emotion Thesaurus- Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi
I saw this recommended and it looked like everything I need in my life. It's a book full of every emotion you can think of and, for each one, it gives you a bunch of physical actions, internal factors and ideas for how you express each emotion. This helps so much and gives some inspiration for when you don't know how to write a certain feeling. It also helps me keep things different and interesting because, I swear, my characters rolled their eyes so much through my book it's not even funny. So it's good to have a variety of other ideas on hand.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment