Now, you may be thinking, how do we top that? And the answer is: we don't.
This is what happens when you live where no author wants to come on a book tour and you have no money or travel to get you anywhere cool. Nevertheless, me and Kaitlin still managed to do something book related and we had a lot of fun doing it!
See all the pictures in the Gallery!
We decided that we'd bake some cupcakes and decorate them with bookish designs! Maybe not the most unique idea in the world but it was a lot of fun and actually was pretty successful (we were totally expecting it to fail epically).
Making the actual cupcakes was a lot quicker than we'd originally thought and we got through it with a measuring method of "yeah, that looks roughly right." I can assure that we're currently fine and haven't poisoned ourselves just yet.
And then the fun part, decorating! We made a load of different colours and tried our best to do some books justice with the designs we made. (Don't worry, neither of us will aspire to be cake decorators when we're older).
I really struggled to come up with ideas for designs- mainly because I didn't want to do the ones that are way to overused (eg. Deathly Hallows, Angelic Rune etc).
But, I did manage to find some fairly simple images to decorate my cakes with. I chose:
- Flawed symbol (Flawed- Cecelia Ahern)
- Eye (Shatter Me- Tahereh Mafi)
- Swirl (The Call- Peadar O'Guilin)
- Trident (Percy Jackson- Rick Riordan)
- Apple (Winter- Marissa Meyer)
And my personal favourite....
- Night Court symbol (A Court of Mist and Fury- Sarah J. Maas)
Like me, Kaitlin didn't want to go for the obvious designs and she came up with some awesome ideas for decorations! She chose:
- Turtle and Tornado (Turtles All the Way Down- John Green)
- Arrows (The Upside of Unrequited- Becky Albertalli)
- Daisy (Looking For Alaska- John Green)
- Die (Dorothy Must Die- Danielle Paige)
- Red Wing (Red Rising- Pierce Brown)
- Paint Splatter (When We Collided- Emery Lord)
If you want to see more photos of the day, I have a gallery page dedicated to it which I'll link here so you can see everything!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!