Saturday 10 March 2018

Mother's Day Best Fictional Future Mums

I did a similar post a couple of years ago (Mother's Day Best Book Mums) but that feels like forever ago and I wanted to bundle up some content as Mother's Day is tomorrow in the UK. In that older post, I talked about the best mums in fiction but today, I'm going to look at fictional characters that I think would make great mothers. (Oooh, look at me, expertly recycling content and making it look original).
So, I've compiled a list of characters that currently aren't mothers but would take on a great parental role in my opinion. Let's go!


Claire Danvers (Morganville vampires- Rachel Caine)
We have hints to Claire's future of being a mother all through the series but I had to include her on this list. Claire would be such a cool and fun mum (especially with Shane being a dad as well) and any child would totally be able to get her help with any and all homework. Claire's child would grow up to be super intelligent but also very funny (because, again, Shane's the dad and that ace humour has to be genetic).




Clary Fairchild (The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare)
This may be me thinking more along the lines that Jace would be a super fun dad, but I can totally see Clary being a great mum too. I can just imagine her doing arts and crafts with her kid and getting paint all over both of them. She'd also be really protective over her kid and would organise playdates with Simon and Izzy's kid which would be too adorable to handle.





Katy Swartz (The Lux series- Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Katy would be the mum we'd all want, I think. Being a book lover and blogger herself, I can imagine her thrusting book after book at her kid and reading them bed time stories. She'd also love them with all of her heart and, getting to the biology of things, considering Daemon's an alien and Katy's a hybrid- their child would be an Origin aka. damn awesome! And along with Daemon, they'd be the best ever parents.






Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy- Jenny Han)
Lara Jean would be the mum that always bakes you cakes to take to school and dresses you up in really adorable clothes when you're young. Again, Peter Kavinsky would the fun dad and Lara Jean would be the stricter and more organised parent but I can imagine her being really close with a daughter just like the close bonds she has with her sisters.




 

Louisa Clark (Me Before You- Jojo Moyes)
I don't know why I imagine Lou to be such a great mum but she has such a bubbly and friendly personality that it just seems obvious that she'd make a great mum. Granted, I've only read the first book in this series so I have no idea where her story goes after Will (there's two other books where she may get pregnant) but I can completely see Lou being a great mum.





Lily Bloom (It Ends With Us- Colleen Hoover) a little bit of a cheat
This one's a little bit of a cheat because (SPOILERS) Lily's had a kid by the end of the book but I still felt she deserves a place on this list. Lily makes a tonne of difficult decisions in this book and every single one is because it's what's best for her child (though, it did leave me in ugly sobs). I also love how the title ties in with this bond between mother and daughter and, through all the difficulties and struggles of this book, that bond is the light that lifts it up (sorry for the sad poetry that nudged its way in there).




Yelena (Poison Study series- Maria V. Snyder) fierce an protective
And finally, I've chosen Yelena. Again, I've only read the first two books of this six book series so, if she does end up becoming a mother in future books, don't blame my ignorance.
I think Yelena would be a super protective mum but in a way that reflects her fierce love. She's the sort of person who would sacrifice anything for her child and would fight to keep them safe until her dying breath.




Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I can only speak for Clary and Lou, but I completely agree with you - they would both be great! It's interesting that Mother's Day is in March in the UK...it's in May in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why Mother's Day is different around the world... strange

      Delete