Saturday 5 March 2016

Mother's Day Best Book Mums

In honour of mother's day, I decided to tell you my top five favourite mothers from books. This list is in no particular order so, lets get started.

1. Rosie Dunne (Where Rainbows End- Cecelia Ahern)
I love Rosie so much. This book follows Rosie's life from a child to an adult and even though Rosie makes a lot of mistakes, I fell like she's a great mother and really has her child's best interests in heart.
This book has been adapted as a movie called Love, Rosie and stars Lily Collins and Sam Claflin. It's a great movie and an even better book! I'd definitely recommend it.
This book showed me the real-life hardships of motherhood and let me understand the struggles more. I can imagine re-reading this when I have kids and being able to relate to it so much. Rosie is a lovely character and deserves to be shouted out as a great mum!

2. Harmony (Soul Screamer Series- Rachel Vincent)
Harmony was one of the first mothers that I truly loved when reading. This is one of my all time favourite series and I fell in love with Harmony as soon as I met her. She's such a kind and selfless person and she always helps and puts others before her.
I think she's an underrated character that should get more praise for what they do. She's so pure and forgiving and I admire her.
She should be appreciated more within the series and she is definitely one of the best mums in young adult literature.

3. Rachel Morgan (The Gallagher Academy Series- Ally Carter)
Rachel Morgan is no-doubt the coolest parent that I read about, growing up. She is not only the headmistress of a secret spy school but is mother to the protagonist Cammie. I love Rachel as she is so awesome, cool and talented but also kind, forgiving and trust worthy. This is another of my all time favourite series and Rachel was a mother that I couldn't help but love. She was bad-ass, that's for sure.

4. Tessa Gray (The Infernal Devices- Cassandra Clare)
Now you may be thinking 'Tessa wasn't a mother in The Infernal Devices trilogy' and you'd be right. But I still think it should be mentioned that she is a mother and even though there's no material out there with her being a mother, I still think she's a great mum. I can just imagine how amazing she would be as a mum and so thought that she should be included in this list.

5. Kat Hall (If I Stay- Gayle Forman)
I loved Kat as I thought that she was such a supportive and laid-back parent. She put all her effort into making sure that her children were happy and I think she was pretty cool, herself. She had a unique sense of style and was a lovely character to read about.

Obviously, there are so many amazing mothers in so many outstanding books but here was just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to parents. So, for all the fictional mums out there: Happy Mothers' Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment