Wednesday 30 March 2016

Opposites Book Tag

I've wanted to do this tag for a while and it's pretty much self explanatory but, in this tag, there a bunch of questions involving different opposites that you need to allocate books to. Here we go...




1. The first book in your collection/The last book you bought
Jacqueline Wilson books/ Cress- Marissa Meyer
I can't exactly remember the first book that I got in my collection but I'm fairly sure that, aside from baby books, it would have been a Jacqueline Wilson book. She was my favourite author when I was younger, so I'm semi-sure that one of her books would be one of the first in my collection.
I bought Cress a couple of days so it is definitely the last book that was added to my collection.



2. A cheap book/An expensive book
Poison Study- Maris V Snyder /City of Heavenly Fire- Cassandra  Clare
I'd bought Poison Study at a steal for £1 at a charity shop. Charity shops may not have the best condition books but, normally, I can't resist and this was one of those buys.
I bought City of Heavenly Fire when it first came out and bought it in the humongous but beautiful edition, therefore making it more expensive. But no regrets!




3. A book with a male protagonist/A book with a female protagonist
The Martian- Andy Weir/ Wolf By Wolf- Ryan Graudin
The Martian's male protagonist, Mark Watney, is definitely one of my favourite male protagoists as he is so funny and such an entertaining character. I really enjoyed reading about him and felt that he was an awesome protagonist.
I've recently read Wolf By Wolf and I can't seem to stop talking about it. Yael is such a kick-ass protagonist and I loved her in it! Definitely worth the read!


4. A book you read quickly/A book that took you long to read
To All the Boys I've Loved Before- Jenny Han/City of Fallen Angels- Cassandra Clare
It did not take me long to read To All the boys I've Loved Before at all. It is the cutest contemporary that I've ever read and I flew through it. This book has so much happy and cutsie moments and this is my favourite duology. (Granted, I haven't read many).
City of Fallen Angels was my least favourite Mortal Instruments book as I found it really slow and hard to get into. This is why it took me a long time to read.



5. A pretty cover/ An ugly cover
Red Queen- Victoria Aveyard/ The DUFF- Kody Keplinger
Red Queen is one of my all-time favourite book covers because it's just stunning! I love how it's so simplistic but beautiful.
The DUFF is one of favourite contemporaries but the cover is actually painful to look at. The typography looked amateurish- like I could of done it in Photoshop- and the image has nothing to do with the story. It is hideous and I, honestly, try and blank it from my memory.


6. A thin book/ A thick book
Of Mice and Men- John Steinbeck/ Winter- Marissa Meyer
Of Mice and Men is my thinnest book as it's only 120 pages long which is really small compared to my other books. But even though it's small, it's a great book and a lovely short read.
Winter is a massive book as I believe it has more than 800 pages. Yes, I could have picked a Cassandra Clare but while they are big- trust me, City of Heavenly Fire is massive- they are not as long on the word count and Winter beats them!


7. A fiction book/ A non-fiction book
The Host- Stephanie Meyer/ Popular- Maya Van Wagenan
The Host is a sci-fi book following an alien invasion where humans are 'killed' and their bodies become hosts for the aliens that have come down. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to any sci-fi lovers out there.
Popular is a memoir that follows Maya and a social experiment that she conducts. It's an inspiring, funny and a quirky read.



8. A romantic book/ An action book
Something Like Fate- Susane Colisanti/ The Maze Runner- James Dashner
Something Like Fate follows a girl called Lani who falls for her best friend's boyfriend. It's such a fun, entertaining and easy read and I never fail to speed through it. Susane Colisanti's contemporary novels are all so good and are such quick and easy books- perfect to get out of a book hanger.
I struggled to think of a book that is solely 'action' because a lot of the books that I read have both action and romance threaded through it. I feel like The Maze Runner has a lot of action and the whole series has minimal romance.






9. A book that made you happy/ A book that made you sad
Daylighters- Rachel Caine/ Allegiant- Veronica Roth
Daylighters is the 15th book in The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine. The end made me so happy that I just cried. It was beautiful and the book and a whole just made me so happy. It was such a satisfying conclusion to the series.
Allegiant... if you've read it, you know what I'm talking about.




Thanks for reading. I'll see you with another blog soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment