Thursday 29 November 2018

November Wrap Up 2018

Where is the year going?!?! I can't believe it's nearly December!!
This month has been a huge reading month for me but not so successful in the TV and movies but... I don't even care because I've completed some monsters of books.

BOOKS
Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)- Sarah J. Maas (Re-read)
* * * * *
I finished off Queen of Shadows this month and it was so much better than I ever remembered!! This used to be my least favourite in the series but, damn, I need to rethink a few things. I think I enjoyed it more because I knew what was going to happen and, since the first read, have come to terms and accepted a few things that annoyed me last time. These books are absolutely stunning and they only get better and better with every book. (And I can totally say that because I'm currently reading Kingdom of Ash and having the time of my life!).
Queen of Shadows Review


Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5)- Sarah J. Maas (Re-read)
* * * * *
I then went straight onto Empire of Storms which, so far, is my favourite of the entire series (though, as I'm currently reading Kingdom of Ash, I know it won't stay in that top spot for long). Empire of Storms is so epically action packed and I love all the characters so much. I will also warn you that there's a killer cliffhanger and it tears you up inside, so prepare to be emotionally traumatised.
Empire of Storms Review


Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6)- Sarah J. Maas
* * * * *
Though I've been bingeing the series, this was the first book that wasn't a re-read for me this time. I didn't really know what to expect as it's sort of separate from the main series, following Chaol, but I absolutely loved it! Chaol is one of my favourite characters of the entire series and this book only solidified that. I'm also unbelievably grateful that Sarah J. Maas decided to create such a remarkable disabled character within a fantasy story. The physical and emotional journey through this book was breathtaking and she really spreads the message that being in a wheelchair doesn't make you any less of a person which I think Sarah should be commended for. It's so important to have this representation in fiction- especially fantasy books.
Tower of Dawn Review

All Laced Up- Erin Fletcher (Re-read)
* * * *
Whilst I've been reading Kingdom of Ash, I also gave All Laced Up a quick read because I knew it'd only take me a day or two and it was good to read whilst I've been feeling slightly ill. It was nice to jump into such an easy and light read after the doorstops and emotional trauma from Sarah J. Maas and I really enjoyed the re-read.
All Laced Up Review

Tied Up In You- Erin Fletcher
* * *
I only found out this month that there was actually a sequel to All Laced Up following different characters and, as soon as I heard this, it was being downloaded onto my kindle. Like All Laced Up, I finished it within a day because they're such cute and easy reads! I didn't like it as much as All Laced Up but it was still lovely to speed through and enjoy.

Kingdom of Ash- Sarah J. Maas
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And, finally, the master of all fantasy books in existence.
(I haven't actually finished this book but I'll definitely finish by the end of November, so I figured I'd add it anyway).
This book is blowing me away, as I knew it would. Words can't even describe the state this finale is reducing me to. Throughout the whole book, I'm crying and laughing and squealing and I can't even believe this series is now over! I don't know what I'm going to do with my life! I wanted to speed through the entire thing but, at the same time, didn't even want to turn a page because then it would be over. Sarah J. Maas is such a genius because everything comes together so perfectly and minor details all interlink to create such mind-boggling plot twists that I can't even contain my joy.
I'm definitely going to have a full book review up of this book but.... it might have to be split into two parts because there's way too many characters and things to talk about and I don't want a single post going on forever... so keep an eye out for a two part review headed your way!


TV and MOVIES
Celebrity Hunted
* * * *
This month, I finished this years Celebrity Hunted and it's the best thing ever. Hunted is essentially a reality show where ten people go on the run as fugitives and a professional team is set to track them in two weeks using CCTV, phone/vehicle tracking and a whole other host of Government tricks to catch these people. And Celebrity Hunted, (you guessed it), is where celebrities go on the run! This show always has me super invested and on the edge of my seat at all times.

The Greatest Showman (Re-watch)
* * * * *
Me and my mum sat down to watch a movie and, unsurprisingly, we were willing to give The Greatest Showman yet another watch. I love this movie. The music is great, the actors superb and the plot so easy to fall into. I would watch this movie every single day if I could.
The Greatest Showman Review

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I watched Great Showman for the first time this month! (but the post saying that will be up tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, an exclusive! Super excited to hear your thoughts!
      xx

      Delete