Thursday 26 July 2018

Heathers the Musical BOOK TAG!!

I've recently become super obsessed with Heathers the musical and so, with a new addiction on the horizon, I have to do a book tag about it. I've mashed two different tags together, picking the questions that I liked best but I'll link both of them below if you want to check them out.
The Moonlight Library
I've also done a soundtrack review for each act of Heathers the musical so I'll link that below as well in case that interests you!
Heathers the Musical Act 1 Soundtrack Review
Heathers the Musical Act 2 Soundtrack Review
On with the tag!




Candy Store- a book you were pressured into reading
Percy Jackson series- Rick Riordan 
I'm not saying I regret reading these books, but many many many people pushed me to read them. I'd seen the (crappy) movie before reading the series so I knew roughly what it was about and they were extremely popular. Because I didn't want to miss any of the hype, especially with new Heroes of Olympus books coming out, I sped through the Percy Jackson series. But I did end up liking them anyway so, it's all good. I appreciate the pressure.


Fight For Me- a book with the best fight scenes
Game of Thrones series- George R. R. Martin
Now, this may be a bit of a cheat because I can't talk for the books- I've only seen the TV series. But... George R. R. Martin is infamous for deaths and battle scenes, so this had to be my answer. In terms of the TV series, it has the best fight scenes in existence. The Red Wedding, the Battle of Blackwater Bay, the Battle of the Bastards... the fights are so iconic, they have names!! When it comes to fighting and death, nothing can stand against Game of Thrones.

Freeze Your Brain- a book that makes all your sad feels go away
Operation Prom Date- Cindi Madsen 
This is one of those cheesy, guilty pleasure reads. It's a cutesy romance read and it's so easy to fall into. I always go to books like these when I'm feeling down because they're so light and fluffy and make me feel happier. I always have an unbelievably large grin when I'm reading this because it's beyond adorable.
Operation Prom Date Book Talk

Big Fun- a book you enjoyed more than you thought you would
Angel trilogy- L. A. Weatherly
I don't know why I went into the Angel trilogy with such low expectations but I ended up loving it. I don't remember too much because it was a few years ago that I read these books but I know I loved them so much! I definitely need to re-read them at some point. I enjoyed every single page and it was a lot of fun... big fun. 

Dead Girl Walking- the best sex scene in a book
A Court of Mist and Fury- Sarah J. Maas
Chapter 55. It's an iconic chapter in this fandom. I'm not gonna say another word.
A Court of Mist and Fury Book Talk
A Court of Mist and Fury (Re-read) Book Talk

The Me Inside of Me- a character everyone is supposed to hate but actually love
Loki
This might be cheating because Loki's from movies but he's also from comic books so I'm gonna allow it. Loki is technically a villain but he's just so lovable. He's super mischievous, funny and... let's face it, being played by Tom Hiddleston helps a lot as well. I've really loved Loki's character growth throughout the Marvel movies and think he's a great character.

Blue- a book that left you wanting more
Since You've Been Gone- Morgan Matson
I love this book so much and I could easily read another 500 pages worth of content from it. Contemporary romance reads have that pesky habit of finishing when the couple finally get together so I'd really like to read on and actually see the couple be all cute and adorable together. Morgan Matson writes really slow burner romances but I'd really like to see more of a couple together every once in a while. Hence, this book left me wanting more and more.

Our Love is God- an OTP that could rule the world if they wanted
Juliette and Warner- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
Juliette and Warner are a pretty powerful couple. They're both very strong in their own right and, together, they're practically indestructible. Juliette grows so much during the series and she's definitely capable of taking over the world now. And with Warner by her side, they could definitely rule the world.
Shatter Me Book Talk
Unravel Me Book Talk
Ignite Me Book Talk

My Dead Gay Son- a LGBTQ+ book 
Half Wild (Half Bad #2)- Sally Green
This isn't a book that centres around the homosexual relationship but I didn't want to pick the obvious books. This is a paranormal trilogy but the main character is bisexual and has a beautiful relationship. I ship Nathan and Gabriel so much and I was rooting for them from the beginning. Half Wild is the second book in the trilogy but the book where their relationship really picks up.
Half Wild Book Talk

Seventeen- a character that just wants a normal life
The Rest of Us Just Live Here- Patrick Ness
This book is beyond perfect for this question. The Rest of Us Just Live is literally a story about the background characters behind the story heroes. All the characters of this book want is to be normal and to stay away from all the drama happening within their school and town.
The Rest of Us Just Live Here Book Talk

Lifeboat- a book about mental illness
Finding Audrey- Sophie Kinsella
The main character, Audrey, has severe social anxiety and can't leave the house or take off her dark sunglasses. Sophie Kinsella is such a great author and this is such a funny, charming and endearing read that deals with mental illness.

I Am Damaged- a character that sacrifices themselves for someone else
Allegiant
No spoilers but... that ending.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment