Saturday 14 July 2018

Summer Lovin' BOOK TAG

Instead of simply doing Summer Book Recommendations, I decided to do a quick and easy book tag around the subject of Summer. I got this tag from the blog Super Bookworm and I'll link the original post here for you to check out.
Get ready for contemporaries galore...





1. Start of Summer: Pick a book with an attention-grabbing first line.
It Ends With Us- Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover's books are just so deep and fantastic and she has such a way with words. Her first sentences grip you instantly and every other one that follows gets better and better.
"As I sit here with one foot on either side of the ledge, looking down from twelve stories above the streets of Boston, I can't help but think about suicide. 
Not my own. I like my life enough to see it through."
It Ends With Us Book Talk




2. Too hot to go out: Pick a book for a day in.
Something Like Fate- Susane Colisanti
This is a quick, cute romance book that's perfect to read in one day, chilled out at home during the summer. I first read this book years ago and it's remained one of my favourite contemporaries over many years. It has a great characters, an adorable romance and the nice element that romance books tend to have which makes you feel all gooey and happy inside. 







3. Summer road trip: Pick a book you'd take with you on the road.
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour- Morgan Matson 
Considering this book is about a road trip, I think it's absolutely spot-on for this question. This is another contemporary book which follows Amy and Roger who, you might've already guessed, go on a detour. Yes, there's a cute romance rolled right in as well and this quick read will make any long journey miles better... yes, I rethought that pun and still kept it in. 







4. Ice tea goodness: Pick a book with a cold setting.
Burning Bright- Sophie McKenzie
This is the second book in the Falling Fast series. Each book is set in another season so you effectively get to read about this cute couple over the course of a year. Burning Bright is set in the winter and another bonus is that these books are super short! They're so quick and easy to read and are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. 






5. Nasty Sunburn: A book you really disliked this year.
Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda- Becky Albertalli
I haven't actually read a book I haven't liked this year yet so I'm going with one that, for me, was lower than my expectations and didn't live up to the hype. This book was a bit disappointing as everyone had raved so many great things about it and I thought it was pretty much 'meh'. 
6. Sizzling Summer reads: Recommend one of your favourite books this year.
Falling Kingdoms series- Morgan Rhodes
I'm gonna cheat a little and go with a whole series because I couldn't narrow down which was my favourite within this series. This question was actually quite difficult because I re-read a lot of books so I didn't really have that many new reads to choose from but Falling Kingdoms has definitely been a highlight. I read these nearer the start of this year and flew through all six books so damn quickly. Sure, there are a few issues with the series that I can make fun of but it didn't impact my overall enjoyment and I'm so happy I picked up these books.
Falling Kingdoms Book Talk
Rebel Spring Book Talk

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment