Thursday 11 August 2016

A Poem of Books- Original Poetry

I got this idea from this year's booktubeathon and desperately wanted to give it a try myself. The aim is to make a poem, monologue or story wholly out of book titles. Obviously, I went with a poem and I'm so proud of it. I managed to get at least one title in each line and it makes sense! Oh, the joy!
The Goodreads link to each book will be put beneath the poem if you want to check any of them out.
Enjoy!


Since You've Been Gone,
I've been unravelling, Undone.
I'm simply a Passenger,
In a City of Lost Souls.
 
My Torment will Never Fade,
My Silence a Queen of Shadows.
But, still, I don't let it Shatter Me,
For my strength is An Ember in the Ashes.
 
When We Collided,
It was The Unexpected Everything.
We were Falling Fast, Soulmates, The One,
Everything Everything.
 
We lived in The Spectacular Now,
Dreaming of Something Like Fate.
There was Power in our Passion,
And I loved you With All My Soul.
 
But we were Faking Normal,
Throwing stones in Glass Houses.
We realised our Ugly Love,
accepting The Impossibility of Tomorrow.
 
That is The Problem with Forever.
We Were Liars and we were Flawed.
Stepping near The Edge of Never,
It was The Symptoms of Being Human.
 
Unknowingly, our love was Skin Deep,
Hopelessly searching for Where Rainbows End.
And, for once, in my Half Lost life,
I chose Me Before You.
 
If I Stay for Just One Night,
We'd never be More Than This.
So I Don't Look Back- can't,
I'm sorry but This Is What Goodbye Looks Like.

-Chloe Harris

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

Goodreads links:

Since You've Been Gone- Morgan Matson
Undone- Cat Clarke
Passenger- Alexandra Bracken
City of Lost Souls- Cassandra Clare
Torment- Lauren Kate
Never Fade- Alexandra Bracken
Silence- Becca Fitzpatrick
Queen of Shadows- Sarah J. Maas
Shatter Me- Tahereh Mafi
An Ember in the Ashes- Sabaa Tahir
When We Collided- Emery Lord
The Unexpected Everything- Morgan Matson
Falling Fast- Sophie McKenzie
Soulmates- Holly Bourne
The One- Kiera Cass
Everything Everything- Nicola Yoon
The Spectacular Now- Tim Tharp
Something Like Fate- Susane Colasanti
The Power- Jennifer L. Armentrout
Passion- Lauren Kate
With All My Soul- Rachel Vincent
Faking Normal- Courtney C. Stevens
Glass Houses- Rachel Caine
Ugly Love- Colleen Hoover
The Impossibility of Tomorrow- Avery Williams
The Problem with Forever- Jennifer L. Armentrout
We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
Flawed- Cecelia Ahern
The Edge of Never- J. A. Redmerski
The Symptoms of Being Human- Jeff Garvin
Skin Deep- Laura Jarratt
Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie)- Cecelia Ahern
Half Lost- Sally Green
Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
If I Stay- Gayle Forman
Just One Night- Gayle Forman
More Than This- Patrick Ness
Don't Look Back- Jennifer L. Armentrout
This Is What Goodbye Looks Like- Olivia Rivers
 

4 comments: