Saturday 18 August 2018

Teen Wolf BOOK TAG

Since I've been binging Teen Wolf lately, re-watching all the seasons before watching the final sixth season for the first time, I thought it was fitting that I do a book tag for it!

Scott McCall- the character who evolved the most in a book
Juliette- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
I love the transformation of Juliette throughout the Shatter Me series. She begins as a terrified fawn depending on others to protect her and keep her safe. But by the end, she has complete control of her powers, can speak confidently and passionately, and knows exactly what she has to do to make the world better for herself and others. She knows exactly what she wants in life, what she's capable of and what she needs to fight for. Such great character development.

Stiles Stilinski- a book that you didn't have many expectations about but found charming
Since You've Been Gone- Morgan Matson
This is a weird book for me because, when I first read it, I gave it three stars. When I read it a second time, I bumped it up to four stars and, now that I've read it three times, I've relented and given it five stars. I love it more and more every time and, while I didn't have great expectations when first going into this book, it always surprises me more and more. I've grown to adore the more slow burn romance that Morgan Matson writes and this is one of my favourite contemporary books.

Lydia Martin- a book with a pretty cover
My Soul to Take- Rachel Vincent 
I couldn't resist picking this book because, while all the covers in the series are beautiful, it's about banshees. And that's certainly fitting for Lydia's question. I'm actually not a massive fan of this question because it instantly objectifies Lydia when she's an amazing character. The whole point of Lydia is that she's more than her looks- she's kind, inquisitive and the smartest person you could ever meet. The question should be, name someone who defies their stereotype or someone who's unbelievably intelligent. But what do I know...

Allison Argent- a bad-ass female warrior
Alexandra Andros- Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Girls with alliterative names are always awesome, it appears. You cannot get more bad-ass than Alex. She's born to fight and she's epic at it, flinging sassy and sarcastic insults as she does. Alex has beautiful character development throughout the whole series and none can beat her bad-assery.

Malia Tate- a character with a shady past
Cadence- We Were Liars 
Let's face it, everything about this book is shady. It's been a while since I've read so I can't even remember all the details but all I can remember is that this book truly screws with your head in the best way possible. Cadence, along with every other character, is shady and mysterious and I think that's what's best about this book- you never truly know what's going on.

Kira Yukimura- a character struggling to learn something new
Yelena- Poison Study series
I may have only read the first two books in this series but I can admire Yelena because she's constantly pushing herself to learn new things and better herself. The whole plot of the first book is her becoming a poison taster for the Commander of Ixia and she has to learn things very quickly. Magic is also involved in this series and Yelena has to learn to harness and control magic as well. Yelena is certainly a busy woman.

Derek Hale- the book that got you reading
Gallagher Girls series- Ally Carter
I always alter my answer between the Gallagher Girls and the Soul Screamer series by Rachel Vincent. I'd always liked reading (Jacqueline Wilson being my favourite author as a kid) but the Gallagher Girls were one of the series that heightened my love into an obsession. They're the easiest books to read and they're full of fun, romance and bad-assery.

Liam Dunbar- the last book you bought
Every Last Breath (the Dark Elements #3)- Jennifer L. Armentrout 
I bought this book as soon as I started reading the first book of the trilogy because, with Jennifer L. Armentrout, I just know that I need to read books back-to-back. Her books are so all-consuming that any waiting between books causes me physical pain and that just isn't healthy so, for the sake of my well being, I had to get this book.

Peter Hale/ Jackson Whittemore- a bad character you love
Loki- Marvel Comics/Movies
I always feel like this is a cop out because he's not an actual book character but... Loki's the only character I can think of. Plus, there are comics so...
Loki has such an amazing arc (at least in the MCU). He truly starts off as the villain and definitely has his own interests at heart most of the time but he grows so much as a character and, by the end, he's such a changed and dedicated person.
He's also incredibly attractive and hilarious but... that's totally not as important as the whole character growth thing...

Sheriff Stilinski and Melissa McCall- a non-canon OTP
Mor and Azriel- A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
Honestly, everyone shipped Mor and Azriel so much. This whole fandom put their hearts and souls into shipping this pair and the outcome is actually hilarious to me. No spoilers but I totally respect Mor's true identity and now I've moved onto shipping Azriel with Elain. But there will always be a space in this fandom's heart for Mor and Azriel.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment