Tuesday 7 August 2018

Stone Cold Touch- Jennifer L. Armentrout BOOK TALK

* * * * *
This was such a solid and entertaining sequel. Jennifer L. Armentrout's books are all-consuming and take over my entire life. All of her characters are as bad-ass, sassy and hilarious as always and I fall into the story so easily. She writes with such effortless humour and I'm grinning from ear to ear the whole way through.
Jennifer L. Armentrout never suffers from a second book slump. Ever. This book was just as fast-paced, sexy and exciting as the first and I can only imagine it'll get even better for the finale. Reading JLA books for the first time is such an amazing experience for me every single time and this trilogy was no different.
If you love supernatural, gargoyles, demons, action, romance or general epicness, pick up this book immediately. Or scratch that. Pick up any Jennifer L. Armentrout book in existence. You've got a good 50+ books to choose from...
And, as I always say with JLA books, don't be fooled by the cheesy romance covers!!! These books are so much better than the poor covers!
White Hot Kiss Book Talk


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
It's difficult to decide whether I preferred this book to the first one. Jennifer L. Armentrout is really fair with her books because, when there's a love triangle (as there tends to be), she splits their time equally. White Hot Kiss was Roth's book where we got to see the romantic relationship between him and Layla grow, while Stone Cold Touch was Zayne's chance to get some intimate and sexy page time. As I'm Team Roth all the way... book one is obviously gonna be my favourite in terms of this plot line.

Although, we still had some amazing scenes with Roth so I can't complain too much. From the very beginning when he kind of broke up with Layla, I knew it was all an act. There were so many times you could see how he actually felt for her and I knew he was hurting her in order to protect her. But, by the end, when Layla nearly dies and he reveals the truth... my heart soared. They are endgame, don't even convince me otherwise.
I personally think Roth is better for Layla because he'd never judge her. She has no pressure to be something she's not around him and she can embrace everything about herself- not just focusing on the good side while pushing out the bad. Roth accepts her as she is. He teaches her to embrace and accept all of herself. And, though Zayne means well, she'd always fell pressured to please him and do the right thing. If she makes a mistake, he'd be disappointed in her actions and I just think Layla feels more free and herself around Roth.
Now moving away from the ships...
I loved Bambi. I think the whole idea of a tattoo familiar is the coolest thing ever and I wish I had one. (Well, actually, if I'm wishing for things, I wish I had a Roth). The reveal that Bambi was the whole the reason Layla hadn't been sucking the soul out of Zayne was so cool and why hadn't I thought of it?! It was so clever!
The whole book revolved around the Lilin that had been created and how it was causing everyone to act weird. And, honestly, I have no clue why no one else noticed something weird going on with Sam!!! From the very moment he changed- not wearing glasses and being more confident and cool- I knew something was up!! So, I wasn't surprised when he showed up and was revealed to be the Lilin. At first, I did think he was Petr's soul but it was confirmed to be the Lilin and now.... stuff's about to go down! And I'm excited!
Abbot and the other Wardens believe that Layla is the cause for all the weird behaviour changes (and, to cut them some slack, so did I) so they kidnapped and stabbed her. I loved this whole section. I wasn't too saddened by the prospect of Zayne being dead (harsh, I know) and I loved when Roth came in and kicked ass to save Layla's life. He was forced to tell her the truth about his feelings and man, was it a satisfying ending for me.
I'm super excited for the final book and there are a few things that I'm kind of expecting from it. Predictions, here we go.
- There has to be a showdown with the Boss at some point. Roth disobeyed him so it would make sense for the Boss to become a serious thorn in our sides.
- I think we'll meet Lilith at some point. I really want to see a conversation between Layla and Lilith. It would create the ultimate amount of tension.
- Elijah has to show up again. We haven't seen him since the first book but he has to pop up again. Probably, to try and kill his daughter but, as it's been established, we know Layla has an abundant of different daddy issues.
- Thumper, the dragon on Roth's abs, has to come out at some point! I am so excited for this to happen (I'm 99% certain it will) and it's gonna be epic. My guess is it'll either be against Lilith or the Boss. Either one, I'm happy with.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment