Tuesday 28 August 2018

Antman and the Wasp MOVIE TALK

* * * * *
Surprise surprise, I loved this movie! I thought the first one was brilliant and the sequel managed to magnify that ten times over! It was funnier, more entertaining and enjoyable than ever and Marvel never ceases to amaze me with their beautiful story-telling skills.
I've always had a soft spot for Paul Rudd (Friends bonus points will always be given) and along with Evangeline Lily giving epic female representation, this movie exceeded all my expectations.
And I'm not even gonna start on that post credit scene cliffhanger because... it broke me.






SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Starting with characters, I have to say that Cassie is one of my favourites. She's the cutest kid ever and she has such an adorable relationship with her dad. The whole 'world's best grandma' trophy thing was hilarious and she's just such a funny and awesome character to watch. I love Scott's dedication to his daughter, especially as we don't really see the other Avengers having that kind of relationship. Cassie is also the coolest daughter because she covers for her dad on so many occasions and... I just want her to have more and more screen time.

I also love how Scott's relationship with his ex-wife Maggie and her fiance Jim has grown. In the first film they couldn't stand each other and, in this film, they were hugging and were so supportive of Scott completing his house arrest! Now that is character development!!
Scott was as hilarious as always and I also really liked Luis in this movie which kind of surprised me. He was funny in the first film but he annoyed me quite a bit. In this movie, I think he was a lot funnier and not annoying at all. He had his own role to play within the over-arcing plot of the story and... if anyone was to be put on truth serum, Luis was definitely the right way to go.
I also want to briefly talk about Hope because she kicked ass in this film! She's grown a lot and, while her relationship with Scott was a little rocky in the beginning, she's such a loyal and great friend. And I think we all can admit that she would kick Scott's ass in a second. I loved the whole Wasp suit and it was awesome to finally see her in action.
Ava (aka. Ghost) was set up to be the main villain of this movie but I actually quite liked her. I like when a villain's motive is really understandable and I sympathised with Ava. She's been through hell all her life and, while her methods are much to be desired, she's only fighting to save her life and I can't begrudge that.
The main drive of the movie was to get Hope's mother and Hank's wife, Janet, out of the quantum realm where she's been trapped for God knows how many years. And, while I didn't really care if she came back or not, it was still fun to watch.
I especially loved when Janet used Scott's body. It was hilarious seeing Paul Rudd play the character of Janet and I was laughing my head off when he held hands with Hank... comedy gold, I tell you.
The movie has a pretty happy ending as we manage to save retrieve Janet, save Ava, and Scott miraculously gets away with completely disregarding his house arrest through pure lucky timing. Hank and Janet have a nice kiss. Scott and Hope have a nice kiss. Everything's nice.
And then that damn post credit scene happened.
(Infinity War Spoilers Ahead!!!)
I was all over the place at this point because I'd figured that it might have to do with some of the characters dusting, but not in this circumstance!!! Honestly, this whole 'only half of the universe will go' stuff is complete rubbish because the amount of people dusting totally doesn't seem like 50/50.
Scott's down in the quantum realm, ready to be taken back up and, right before he can, Janet, Hank and Hope dust!!! And now he's stuck down there with no clue what happened!! And no one else knows he down there so how's he going to get out!! My only hope is that maybe Cassie hasn't dusted and she figures it out but... I can't even deal!! This was such an infuriating cliff-hanger and has made me all the more excited for Avengers 4- it's gonna be the biggest superhero movie of all time and I am ready!!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment