Saturday 9 March 2019

Favourite TV Females

Considering it was International Woman's Day yesterday, I thought I'd do a fun post listing some of my ultimate favourite women in TV.
It's no secret that I get seriously obsessed with certain TV shows and there are so many strong and independent women throughout. This was actually a really hard list to narrow down but I figure that's a good thing because that means women are finally starting to get the representations they deserve.
This post contains no major spoilers so feel free to read away with no fear! Also, I obviously recommend these shows to anyone because they're all amazing and are my favourite shows of all time.
Sidenote: How many of you can name all four women from the merged photo before you see the answers???

Peggy Carter (Agent Carter)
My first favourite female had to be the one and only Peggy Carter. Peggy first appears in the movie Captain America: the First Avenger but also goes on to star in two series of her own show, Agent Carter.
Peggy is such an inspiration to me. Her character is set in the 1940s and she's an agent that receives so much sexism and discrimination but she never lets that affect her. She's strong and intelligent and she knows her own value. Peggy has taught me to have confidence in whatever I do and do believe that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.



Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
Sansa is not only the name of one of my cats, but also a remarkable character from Game of Thrones. Interestingly, when I first watched GOT, Daenerys was always my favourite but having thought and theorised and looked at each character arc as a whole... Sansa is now my ultimate favourite character in GOT.
Sansa gets so much hate because she's a little whiny and spoilt in the first couple of seasons but this just shows how much her character has grown! Honestly, it infuriates me how people can love a character like Jaime now and look past his behaviour in the first couple of seasons (which include mercilessly killing and having sex with his sister!) and yet they hold a grudge against Sansa because she was a little spoilt when she was a child! Sansa has been through so much- seeing her family killed, being married off, beaten, raped, manipulated- and still, she's come out of it as a stronger and wiser and smarter person. Sansa has taught me to be resilient and strong and to learn from my mistakes- no matter how long that takes.



Dolores Abernathy (Westworld)
Dolores is the leading lady in Westworld and, though she has... a bit of a split personality at times, she's my favourite!
Dolores goes through so much character development and the best thing... it's not even good character development all the time. In the first season, we're all rooting for her but by season two, she's sort of become the villain. And I find this so interesting! I love the complexities to her character and how she can be considered both an evil and heroic character depending on the angle you look at her story from. Frankly, the entire show of Westworld is confusing and beyond intricate, but I absolutely love that and the characters are also so detailed which makes them feel realistic... which is a great achievement considering Dolores is actually a robot.
Dolores has taught me to fight for what I believe in (unless that's mass genocide) and that, sometimes in life, you have to make sacrifices. She's taught me that you should never have to be a damsel- you can be the hero of your own story.



Villanelle (Killing Eve) 
The characters in this list get more and more deranged and Villanelle is the icing on the cake- I mean, she's literally a psychotic assassin and I love her to pieces.
Villanelle just has so much charisma and confidence. Her smiles are infectious and she's entertaining and a joy to watch. I'm not gonna condone her.... hobbies (she's an assassin, after all) but I do admire her confidence and belief in herself. She doesn't let anyone get in her way and she kicks ass (looking damn good while she's doing it, too).
Villanelle has taught me to look at things in a new perspective, to think out of the box in order to succeed. She's also taught me to try and laugh at bad situations because.... if she can make jokes around a person she's just killed, I can try and make light out of a bad day.



Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

11 comments:

  1. I like Sansa even BETTER in the books!! And the way she's cast is also amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read the books! I definitely have to get on that!

      Delete
    2. I have been postponing the third book for a very long time now... The books are SO BIG ... I do hope to read it maybe this year or next year (long term goal!)

      Delete
  2. I started to like Sansa towards the later seasons, but Arya is still my favorite. Veronica Mars is my favorite TV Female. Lovely post!
    Vivien @ Pages of Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Arya too! And, when it comes to my two kittens, I love Sansa and Arya equally- you can't play favourites XD
      I've never seen Veronica Mars! Is it any good?
      xx

      Delete
    2. I love the show. Veronica Mars is so sassy. I think the structure of the show is a little repetitive. There's this overall arc, but each episode is a new mystery to solve.

      Delete
    3. It sounds cool! I might give it a try :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched any of these to agree or disagree!
    Some of my favorites...
    Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill
    Michonne/Maggie/Carol from Walking Dead
    Buffy
    Bones
    Rose Tyler/Riversong from Doctor Who
    Xena
    Morticia Addams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with the Doctor Who and Walking Dead ladies!! I could only hope to be half as cool as them :)

      Delete