Thursday 16 November 2017

Westworld 1x05 'Contrapasso' TV TALK

I loved this episode. With each episode, this story is getting better and better. Many questions are answered which raised many more questions but it's addictive- I just have to find out what happens! I was so satisfied with the character development in this episode and the women are becoming more and more bad-ass which is so empowering.
This is a quote I loved and I think it really encompasses the whole episode for me:

'You said people come here to change the story of their lives. I imagined a story where I didn't have to be the damsel.'- Dolores Abernathy

TV TALKS
Season 1: 1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Starting with the Man in Black, he's on his mission to find the maze that keeps getting mentioned but we have no idea what it really means. He kills Lawrence in order to save Teddy and convinces Teddy to come along by lying and saying that Wyatt has Dolores- nice move. The interesting part, though, is when they go to a bar and are greeted with Ford. They have a little bit of conversation and it opens up so many new questions!
So it's clear now that the MiB isn't Arnold but he knows of him. Ford also knows of the maze but doesn't seem too worried about what's inside as he'd have stopped it if it would harm him. It poses more questions on whether the MiB is a host or human.... I would still go for human at this stage. 
Ford also has a conversation with Dolores and I find it interesting that Dolores lies about her last interaction with Arnold and doesn't tell Ford that she's hearing Arnold's voice in her head. This defiance could easily have been encoded by Arnold all those years ago... And the first thing he wanted Dolores to do was destroy Westworld which has me thinking that the maze is a way of destroying Westworld but, if it is, then Ford isn't doing much to stop that.... all these theories and possibilities!!!
Over to Dolores plot line, her, William and Logan meet El Lazo which is actually Lawrence!! I was so excited because I do quite like Lawrence and was sad when he got killed. I'm a bit confused as to why he's here but there's two options; he got cleaned up and set off on his loop again or this is actually in a different timeline to the MiB which.... would make things ten times more confusing. They're into a lot of crime- stealing Nitro- and it makes me wonder if this is the reason why Lawrence was about to be hung when we first met him..... most probably, I'd say. 
Dolores is adamant that she won't kill when our team steals the Nitro but, when it comes to save William's life later on, there's no hesitation! I love that she's starting to become stronger and more bad-ass.... it feels like I've been waiting a while. I just need her to grow a backbone and, like she said, stop being the damsel! I was so pumped when she said that. 
She and William seem to be growing a quick connection- a little kissing action- which I find interesting- I'm looking forward to seeing how a relationship between a host and human would work. 
They leave Logan behind because he's a general douche-canoe and deserves to be beaten and it had me wondering... could the hosts beat him to death? Or would they just stop at a certain point. But leaving Logan in that position is going to come back to bite them in the ass, I'm sure. 
Now Dolores and William and searching for the maze I assume and I'm rooting for them to win!
We meet Felix who is a butcher who wants to become a coder within the Tech team. He's working on a bird and succeeds- only to find Maeve awake too. Maeve is smarter, braver and cooler than Dolores because she is actively trying to figure this out and asks Felix for a little chat. I can't wait for her to learn more about what's happening. 
Finally, we had Elsie from the Behaviour department secretly examine the stray from two episodes ago. She finds some kind of device and figures out that someone has been smuggling data from Westworld.... who could it be?

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- any theories? Stay amazing!
Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment