Wednesday 15 November 2017

Writing Diary #13- Woooahh, We're Half Way There!!

It's all about the outline...
I thought I'd make a little update on my Nanowrimo progress because we're halfway there!!! My current word count is 26,535 which is a little ahead, thankfully. From the very beginning, I have been determined to win Nanowrimo because, even though it's my first try, I don't like failing. I will finish this novel my the end of November if it's the last thing I do.
It has been difficult but a manageable difficult. It gets harder as it goes along because you just lose steam with each day and.... I've still got 15 days to go... I write every single day anyway so it's just a matter of making sure I get the words down better than I normally do. I manage to average 1,000 words an hour so spend around 2 hours a day writing. Before Nano, my average was probably only around 500 words an hour so.... progress!!
I really think this challenge has helped me and will make me naturally write more and quicker in the future which will be great because my other book has taken me five months to get to 50,000 words and I'm halfway through....

I wish I could come up with some new and unique tips for winning Nano but I'll just go with the classic ones....
We all have to start somewhere...
1. Plan
This is more for before November, but I've found that outlining in detail helps a lot. I've never really outlined before but now I can safely say that I always will because it's working so well for me at the moment. 

2. Carve out time. 
You need to make time every day to write. Squish in as many minutes as possible without dipping too much into sleep time (though, let's face it. We're writers... less sleep is inevitable).

3. Get ahead when you can. 
If you're on a roll one day and get to the minimum needed that day.... keep going! This means that, if you ever have a crappy day, you'll still be on track! Think ahead!

4. Get rid of distractions.
A massive problem that's arisen for me this Nano is that I've started to watch all the Marvel movies... and now I'm becoming obsessed with them. This means, all I want to do is sit down and watch Iron Man when I should be actually writing...


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment