Saturday 28 October 2017

October Wrap Up 2017

This month was an epic fail for me. I only read a couple of books and next month will be even worse with Nanowrimo taking up all my reading time!




Make It Count- Tamar Sloan (ARC)
* * *
I was lucky enough to be contacted by the author and sent an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. I generally enjoyed this story- it was cute and an easy read. It has a similar plot to Numbers but focuses much more on the romance angle of the story. I did find that the story was a little too happy and didn't have a realistic ending but I still had fun reading it.
A full Book Talk will be coming soon so stay tuned for that!




The Call- Peadar O'Guilin
* * *
I was a bit underwhelmed with this book. I had high expectations and, while it was a generally entertaining read with some key moments of intrigue, it didn't grab me completely.
This story was very ambitious with the world that's been created but, at times, I felt a little confused and mixed up with the action and what was happening. It probably didn't help that I skim read parts but I couldn't visualise a lot of what was happening.
Having said that, there were sections of the book that had me completely gripped and on the edge of my seat. It was a unique and different read- perfect for Halloween.
Full Book talk coming soon!

Vicious- V. E. Schwab
* * * *
I've been very late for the Victoria Schwab train despite there being so much hype for her books! Now that I've read my first story of hers, I can totally confirm that her books are stunning! The characters were complex, the plot intriguing and I loved the element of unknown over who is the villain and who is the hero. There were so many moments of near heart-attack and the whole story ended so satisfyingly.







The Woman in White- Wilkie Collins (Book of the Month) 
I started this.... but haven't finished. I may be putting this to the side for a while because it's been so difficult for me to pick up. Yes, I've been epically failing at the Books of the Month.



Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Great wrap up! I felt the same way about The Call. I think it had potential to be really awesome, but it just didn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the two creators of the book of the month are failing at it....aren't we great bloggers? ;)

    ReplyDelete