Tuesday 13 February 2018

Irresistible Fictional Romances

And here's the obligatory Valentine's content for the year! I've decided to skip over some of the obvious ones that I always say (aka, ACOMAF) but here's a list of a few fictional romances that are perfect to read on Valentine's Day (or anytime of the year, to be honest).
I tried to keep these all contemporary romances but a supernatural genre slipped through anyway (and I'm not even sorry)- they still have great relationships though.


Fallon and Ben (November 9- Colleen Hoover)
November 9 was the first Colleen Hoover book I'd ever read and I hadn't expected such emotions!! This story had such a great premise and an all-consuming romance! You ship these two from the very start and, while there are a few obstacles that get in the way, they are absolutely perfect for each other. Even thinking of this pair makes me melt into a puddle of goo.
November 9 Book Talk




Lara Jean and Peter (To All the Boys I've Loved Before- Jenny Han)
Another of my favourite contemporaries had to make this list. The first book in this trilogy is easily my favourite and I absolutely adore Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky together. They're a couple that wouldn't usually work but turns out adorably in this case. Both of the characters are super different (quirky vs cocky) and it's so entertaining to read. I promise, you'll have a large grin through the majority of this book.






Emily and Frank (Since You've Been Gone- Morgan Matson)
This is more of a slow-burner which works really well for this pair. The great thing about this book is bonding with these characters and watching the slow progression of the relationships. It creates such a vulnerable feeling and the end is that much more satisfying. I love Emily and Frank as separate characters and I adore them together. Morgan Matson is truly a veteran for contemporaries so I'd definitely recommend picking any one of her books up.




Claire and Shane (The Morganville Vampires series- Rachel Caine)
While this isn't a contemporary book, it has some of the best romantic relationships in it. Now, I know it may seem intimidating, but this series is 15 books long! But, it's absolutely worth it. And the best thing about such a long series is that you get to know the characters inside out, love them like you're family and see the character and relationship development progress over such a long time. This series is so rewarding and Claire and Shane will honestly become your new OTP, I promise you.




Poppy and Noah (Soulmates- Holly Bourne)
As you may or may not know, Holly Bourne is one of my favourite contemporary authors and Soulmates was the book that started this obsession many many years ago. My little ten-year-old self was so enamoured by this pairing and it flooded me with so many emotions. Seven years later, it still reduces me to tears and makes me fall in love all over again. Poppy and Noah have a literally world-ending romance and it's such an easy and lovable romance.




Seth and Lea (This is What Goodbye Looks Like- Olivia Rivers)
This is such an underrated book. Have you heard of it? No, I didn't think so.
I was actually sent an ARC of this book nearly two years ago and absolutely fell in love with it (Book Talk here if you're interested). Seth and Lea have such an intimate and delicate relationship and they're both such genuine and lovable characters. Watching their romance blossom and seeing the obstacles that threaten to devour it was an amazing experience and, like I said, very underrated.




That was six fictional romances that I would definitely recommend for Valentine's Day!! Thanks for reading and feel free to comment your thoughts- have any recommendations for me? Stay amazing!
Chloe
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment