Tuesday 20 February 2018

Black Panther MOVIE TALK

82%
Me and my brother went to go and see Black Panther the day it came out and I was so impressed (not that that's a surprise because it's Marvel we're talking to about here).
Black Panther takes place after Captain America; Civil War and follows T'Challa on his journey to becoming King of Wakanda now that his father is dead.
I'll be honest, Black Panther will never be my favourite Avenger but he's stands tall on his own and I liked learning more about him as a character and the hidden country of Wakanda. This movie poses great things for Infinity War and I can't wait to see how he helps the fight against Thanos that is looming over all of us.
My favourite part of this film had to be how awesome the ladies were. While T'Challa is the main star, there were so many bad-ass women in this film and I loved this aspect! I would obviously highly recommend this movie!



SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
I have to start with how beautiful Wakanda was. They created an entire culture and civilisation and being presented with all those minor details that built up this country was stunning! The first shots we got of Wakanda were visually flawless and worked so well to capture the beauty of this hidden country.
My favourite character had to be T'Challa's sister, Shuri. She was so smart, beautiful and hilarious as well. I loved seeing a more human side of T'Challa when he was with her- that sibling bond that shined when they were in the same scene.

We first see T'Challa being crowned and then the challenge- where anyone can challenge him for his title in a fight. I loved this scene- it was the first time we got a true and brutal fight scene and it was also a nice confirmation that T'Challa doesn't need his Black Panther powers- that he doesn't always have to rely on them. Once he's won this fight, he's re-given the Black Panther powers and gets to see his father briefly.
Then we have T'Challa first proper mission as King- find Klaue as he's believed to have a piece of Vibranium which we all know is hella valuable. But, for a first mission to prove himself as King, it fails pretty epically and they only end up bringing Everett Ross (aka John Watson aka Martin Freeman) back to Wakanda to save his life. I will say that I found it quite amusing how out of place Ross looked in Wakanda.
When returning to Wakanda, T'Challa finds out that his father, T'Chaka killed his brother and that the son of his uncle is Erik Killmonger- proving to be a major thorn in his side as he wants to take over Wakanda.
Killmonger infiltrated Wakanda pretty easily- it didn't prove much of an issue for him to get there and within distance to challenge T'Challa. Now this fight was epic. It was so intense but, let's face it; we all new T'Challa wasn't actually dead when he was thrown off the waterfall. This is a superhero movie after all... Plus, he's in the Infinity War trailer so that was a major give away.
Once Killmonger is on the throne, he vows to expose Wakanda and attack the rest of the world. This was where the ladies truly took matters into their own hands and went off to create an alliance with the Jabari tribe- these girls like to get the job done! They find that T'Challa is alive and restore him with Black Panther powers so he can kick Killmonger off the throne once more.
And then we had the final battle. And, for some reason, I had tears in my eyes because it was just a stunning experience. I think I was a bit overwhelmed by it all because no battle scene has ever elicited such emotion from me before.
This battle was where the ladies slayed!!! Seeing the girls charge forward into battle and fight with so much strength was massively empowering to say the least.
Even Ross had an epic part in this section- shooting down the jets that were being sent from Wakanda. I loved this little sequence and thought the simulation to control any vehicle was awesome- another brilliant creation by Shuri.
Black Panther finally shows up to party and has a one on one showdown with Killmonger because what's a superhero movie without this final fight sequence? He manages to beat Killmonger but, as he's so noble and virtuous and acting like Cap, he decides to spare Killmonger's life. But, Killmonger's having none of it and kills himself. So T'Challa managed to get rid of evil without even getting blood on his hands! Captain America would sure be proud. 
Obviously, they manage to fit in a T'Challa and Nakia kiss because what's a superhero movie without a love interest? However, I will say that Nakia was much more than a love interest so, in this case, I'll let it slide.
And then... we waited with bated breath for the end credit scenes- no way were we going to miss these!
The first was of T'Challa and his crew at the UN, exposing Wakanda once and for all, deciding they need to extend their aid and resources to other third world countries. This end credit scene wasn't massively exciting because we knew they were going to do that anyway- it wasn't a big shock or anything.
But the second end credit scene was much better. I'll admit, I was crossing my fingers for a glance at Cap but... I'll settle for Bucky, I suppose. Obviously, from Civil War we knew that Bucky was hiding out in Wakanda and now it's been shown that Shuri is the one looking over his recovery and whatnot. I can't wait to see how this all interlinks with Infinity War because it's likely going to be epic!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe 

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to go and see it this weekend, so I can only read the first part. Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved it- hope you do too!
      x

      Delete
    2. I did too! I'm actually surprised just how much I enjoyed it. It's one of my favourites that Marvel has done so far.

      Delete
    3. I know- it's so great! I can't wait for Infinity War now!!!
      xx

      Delete