Tuesday 27 December 2016

Christmas Bookish Haul 2016!!!

 
I got so many amazing presents this Christmas and I'm so thankful for all of them!! I got a lot of bookish items so I thought I'd haul them all in one big post!
Books up first!
Angelfall- Susan Ee
This is the first in a trilogy of which I have the last two books and have been searching for the first for ages. I can finally read this trilogy!
An Ember in the Ashes- Sabaa Tahir
I read this earlier in the year but simply haven't had the chance to buy it yet. Can't wait to re-read and then get onto the sequel!
The Darkest Minds- Alexandra Bracken
I've heard so much about this trilogy and have always wanted to read it but have never found in the book store. I'll wait until I have the other two books before reading it but I'm super excited!
November 9- Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover is such a popular author at the moment and I still haven't read any of her books! I really wanted to read Ugly Love- and will someday- but November 9 was another of her books that really caught my attention.

Half Bad- Sally Green
Half Wild- Sally Green
I've finally completed my collection of this trilogy- previously only owning the finale. I loved this trilogy and now they look positively gorgeous on my bookshelf! Links: Half Bad Book Talk  |  Half Wild Book Talk
Am I Normal Yet?- Holly Bourne
Bourne is one of my favourite contemporary authors- I'd recommend checking out Soulmates- and this is another of her poignant and stunning books that I loved. It's about a girl who has OCD and the story is beautiful, thought-provoking and breath-taking.
The Dictionary Series- Flavell
Now this is a boxset that I'm actually really excited about and makes me realise what a nerd I really am. This boxset contains four dictionaries on different things; Idioms, proverbs, English down the ages and word origins. Considering that I'm going to study English Language in college, I'm sure these will come in handy.
 
Book to movie adaptations next!
 
The Originals Season 3
This is a spin-off series from The Vampire Diaries which was originally a book series by L.J. Smith. I personally don't like the books but the TV series are my life. I haven't yet seen Season 3 as it didn't show in England this year so I have a lot of catching up to do!
Gone Girl
Based off the Gillian Flynn novel, this story is a thriller genius. I've read the book, seen the movie and loved it. Links: Book Talk  |  Adaptation Talk
The Martian
I read this book (Andy Weir) in the hopes of watching the movie when it was on at the cinema only to not have the time to see it! I finally have the DVD and can watch it which I'm so pumped for.
Me Before You
I've seen this movie three times now but can be sure that I'll see it many times in the future! Based on the Jojo Moyes novel, this story is beautiful and I'd definitely recommend it. (Plus, who doesn't like a bit of Sam Claflin?) Links: Book Talk  |  Adaptation Talk
 
Activity books!
 
Harry Potter Colouring Book
Somehow, I've managed to avoid the colouring book craze so far and yet I'm so pleased for Harry Potter to be my first one (I'll only ever get book inspired ones, after all). This is a beautifully illustrated book and I can't wait to get into it.
Notebook
I have wanted this notebook for years but have always forced myself away ('you have enough notebooks, Chloe, you don't need anymore). But this notebook is way too beautiful to resist and I just want to hug it all day everyday. You can never have enough notebooks.
Hamilton Piano Book
I play piano. Hamilton is my favourite ever musical. This was a match made in heaven.
Harry Potter Activity Year Book
Similar to the colouring book, this is gigantic book with pictures and activities for me to fill out myself. It's stunning and will be lots of fun to complete.
 
Clothes (nearly there).
 
Harry Potter hoody
I have so much harry potter clothing it's ridiculous.
Harry Potter PJs
But I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
This last book present was given to me by my fellow Ravenclaw Kailtin over at Liber Amoris and it is beautiful! It's standing proudly on my bookcase and I'm so thankful!
 
 
 
Thanks for reading and thank you to everybody who got me these amazing Christmas presents! Feel free to comment any bookish presents you got this Christmas- I'd love to see them. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment