Tuesday 26 June 2018

June Book Haul 2018

Not many books this month but a couple is a lot better than nothing.

the princess saves herself in this one- Amanda Lovelace
I was in Waterstones (as I tend to be) and I saw this book presented so lovingly on the shelf and I just gravitated towards it. Whenever I'm feeling down or vulnerable emotionally, I find that reading poetry is a great outlet- writing and reading it. Reading poetry is so comforting because they sum up feelings so beautifully and eloquently and it has an amazing ability to make you feel less alone. This book has had a lot of hype and is in a similar style to Rupi Kaur who is one of my favourite poets.
I've actually already read this during this month and I can say that it's my favourite poetry anthology. If you like poetry, go straight to Amanda Lovelace.
the princess saves herself in this one Book Talk


The Year of Living Awkwardly- Emma Chastain 
This was a bit of an odd book that I wasn't expecting this month. I came home one day to find a parcel for me and, turns out, I'd been sent a book! Except... I hadn't been expecting one. Even now, I'm still figuring out why the hell this book has stumbled upon me. I've checked Goodreads giveaways, review requests, ARC requests and found nothing!! So, somehow, someone's gotten hold of my address and sent me a random book for some reason which.... isn't the most reassuring thing in the world but I'm hardly gonna pass up a free book. This also happens to be the second book in a series so I can't even read it until I get the first one. Nevertheless, it's now sitting nicely on my bookshelves. This book doesn't even come out until the 10th July so... I have no idea. I really don't.


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment