Thursday 28 July 2016

July Wrap Up 2016

Kill The Boy Band- Goldy Moldavsky
***
This book was in a word mental. It followed a group of four girls who basically stalk their favourite boy band and end up accidently kidnapping one of them. This was a quirky, insane and ridiculous read but super entertaining. It's a short book and a quick read- perfect for the summer.






The Unexpected Everything- Morgan Matson
****
This new release was instantly on my radar because I've previously read Morgan Matson books and they were all amazing. This one was no different. It read really nicely and it really put me in a summer mood. Matson writes such great contemporary novels and reading them simply makes me happy.




Notes on Being Teenage- Rosalind Jana
**
I was super excited going into this book but, in the end, was slightly disappointed with the outcome. While this book did have amazing messages weaved throughout, it didn't particularly play to any of my interests. Personally, I couldn't relate to it but I feel like many people would love this book. My Spoiler Free BOOK TALK will be linked here if you want to go and check it out.


The Last Star- Rick Yancey
***
The Last Star came out this year and is the final book in The 5th Wave trilogy. This trilogy hasn't been my favourite but I haven't hated it and still wanted to finish it to see what happens. I wish I'd re-read the first two books again because, through most of this book, I was hecka confused! I read a summary online but there were many things that went straight over my head because I couldn't remember anything. The book was action packed but I was a bit disappointed with the ending- it wasn't what I expected and I think it was just a rushed way to end it.



Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
****
Me Before You was July's 'Book of the Month' and there was no doubt about it- I freaking loved it. Yeah, I knew what was going to happen because I've already seen the movie. The book was so lovely and I think the adaptation was very faithful to the book. Hopefully a full BOOK TALK will be up soon.





A Court of Thorns and Roses- Sarah J. Maas (Re-read)
*****
Obviously, I had to re-read this before reading the sequel A Court of Mist and Fury and I am so damn excited!!! I love this series- and anything Sarah J. Maas has ever written- and this trilogy is one of my all time favourite retellings. Based on Beauty and the Beast, this series loosely follows the fairytale while delving into faerie folklore and amazing fantasy worlds!! Sarah J. Maas is the queen of high fantasy and I can't wait to jump straight into the sequel!





Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment any books you've read this month! See you soon,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment