Sunday 25 April 2021

On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn | BOOK REVIEW

* * * 

Non-spoiler

I have really enjoyed reading the Bridgerton series but this was a disappointing finale. It’s one of my least favourites and I didn’t feel any connection or love for the main characters.

We’d only really seen Gregory in Hyacinth’s story and, from what I’d seen, he was really funny and charming. But in this book… he was just annoying. There was painful insta-love at every turn in this story and Gregory was whiny and irritating through the whole thing. Lucy wasn’t much better- there was nothing enamouring or interesting about her.

The story was extremely predictable and I wish the blurb hadn’t given so much of the plot away. I also don’t think the prologue was necessary- it basically outlined what was going to happen in the story and destroyed any suspense or intrigue.

The only good thing about this book was the side characters. We got to see Anthony and Kate who I’ve missed so much! We also got glorious glimpses of Hyacinth and a brief cameo of Colin which brought a massive smile to my face.

Overall, I loved this series but I wish Hyacinth’s book had come last because it would have been a great finale. On the Way to the Wedding was just too predictable, insta-lovey  and unsatisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment