Friday 9 April 2021

Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julian Quinn | BOOK REVIEW

* * * *

Spoilers

I’ve been looking forward to Colin and Penelope’s book and it didn’t disappoint! Penelope is such a sweetheart and this story made me love her even more. I loved reading in her perspective and learning more about her experiences and reasons for becoming Lady Whistledown. I also adore Colin- he’s so much funnier and more interesting in the books. I hope the show can portray him with justice in the following seasons.

Watching Colin and Penelope’s relationship unfold was beautiful. I feel like they bring the best out of each other- Colin gives Penelope confidence and Penelope helped Colin realise his dreams of being a writer.

I really enjoyed the plotline of Lady Whistledown’s identity and how it all came out. It was fun knowing from the beginning that Penelope was behind the whole thing and it was great to see Penelope grow confidence and a sense of pride over what she has accomplished.

This book also had maybe the best array of side characters. We saw a lot of Eloise which brought me joy because I’ve always loved Eloise and Penelope’s friendship. We also saw more of Lady Danbury than we’ve ever seen in the books before and I love that woman so much! We had so many great women in this book which satisfied me.

Overall, this was the perfect story for Colin and Penelope. It’s not my favourite of the series but I adore their characters so much and I’m really looking forward to watching this play out in the show (patiently waiting for season 4 to come out before season 2 is even out!).

1 comment:

  1. The Queen's Ball was an absolute dream come true for any Bridgerton fan! The sets and costumes were incredible, the music was beautiful, and the dancing was so much fun. I highly recommend this experience to anyone who loves the show. Learn More About The Queen's Ball: A Bridgerton Experience

    ReplyDelete