Thursday 22 April 2021

It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn | BOOK REVIEW

* * * * *

Non-spoiler

I still have one more book to read in this series but I THINK THIS IS MY FAVOURITE! I absolutely adore Hyacinth and she was a captivating and brilliant heroine in this book. I loved the mystery element, the romance, and the humour. The epilogue had me simultaneously frustrated and ecstatic! I don’t even know how that’s possible.

Hyacinth is probably my favourite Bridgerton sibling. She didn’t star in the show very much so I didn’t know what to expect but she’s perfect. She’s intelligent, outspoken and unashamed to be herself. She doesn’t apologise and she has a certain charm and sarcasm that instantly endeared me to her. I also loved Gareth. There are some questionable love interests throughout this series but Gareth was great. He was entertaining, funny and could match Hyacinth’s wit. I loved their banter and it was a joy to read.

I think the reason why I love this book more than the others is because this one had an actual subplot! We had a mystery to solve throughout this book and it was so much fun to watch Hyacinth and Gareth discover all the clues and try to solve the mystery. Like I said, the epilogue was both infuriating and satisfying and it makes me desperate to read the following short story to see if Hyacinth ever finds the jewels!

We had a great ensemble of side characters in this book too. We got to see a lot of Lady Danbury who I adore and we also got to see more of Gregory which has been long awaited. Hyacinth and Gregory’s sibling rivalry and jokes were hilarious and I couldn’t stop smiling when they were in the same scene.

Overall, It’s In His Kiss was a league above the rest and it makes me really sad that I’ll have to wait until SEASON 7 for this story to be adapted in the show. I loved the characters, the mystery and there was more humour and fun moments in this books which made the pages turn very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment