Saturday 6 January 2018

Iron Man MOVIE TALK


90%
I've never really been a super hero fan. Sure, I've watched the Toby McGuire Spiderman trilogy years and years ago but.... that's it. I have no idea what the difference between DC and Marvel is and yes, I agree that it's shameful. So, I recently decided to give myself a superhero education and me and my brother have now shred through all movies superhero.
Iron Man was the only movie we had so we sat down and watched.
And, man, did I enjoy it! It was so clever, exciting, action-packed and, most importantly, funny. I was instantly gripped by the characters and the plot and, if all superhero movies are like this, I can safely say I'm going to love them.
Now that I've watched all Marvel movies, I can say that Iron Man remains my favourite and it will always have a special place in my heart for being what got me into the MCU.



SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
I love Tony Stark as a protagonist (and I love how perfect Robert Downey Jnr is for this part). He was hilarious, smart and unapologetically cocky. I love that he didn't get his powers through experiments or getting injected with something- he invented his suit and superpower. I'm a sucker for a genius and Tony is just the man for the job. I also love how honest he is- it seems like every superhero hides their true identity but Tony.... fully admits how awesome he is. It's unique and nicely defies superhero conventions.

I also loved Pepper Potts despite her unfortunate name (why didn't she just stick with Virginia?). She was dedicated and funny as well. I think she's a great fit for Tony because she can give as good as she gets and I think she'd be able to challenge him.
I shipped Tony and Pepper so quickly it was ridiculous. And they also happen to have the best ship name in the history of the universe... Pepperony. It makes me so happy.
I liked the inclusion of army and navy forces and the setting of Afghanistan- it added an extra element of realism to the whole thing. Watching Tony get captured and forced to make a weapon was so interesting and the anticipation of him making the first Iron Man suit was brilliant. I'm surprised that they didn't realise what Tony was making but... that's their problem in the end. The first Iron Man suit was cool but it was a bit clunky and stiff- though, under the circumstances, Tony did well.
He finally got home and then watching the new suit come into existence was awesome! I love that we got to see him learning and practising with it as well because it added some great comedy and made it more realistic because he didn't suddenly know how to use everything- we were learning along with him.
We had the 'twist' of Obediah ending up evil but I pretty much saw that coming anyway. He took Tony's arc reactor and then I love that the old reactor that Pepper kept for pure sentimentality ended up saving him! It was a real punch-the-in-air-in-victory moment.
Obediah had his own suit made and he fought it out with Tony in an epic showdown. It was so enthralling to watch and was visually stunning!
The ending was brilliant where he admitted to everyone that he was Iron Man. I'm super excited to see the consequences of this because not many superheroes flaunt that they're the hero. Tony Stark is one of a kind for sure.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment