Saturday 16 February 2019

Valentine's Day BOOK TAG!!!

To distract from my startling single-ness, I'm gonna to spend the month of love professing my undying love of books... I'm perfectly sane, I assure you.
I found this tag on the Epic Reads Youtube channel so definitely go check that out if you're interested.

1. First Book Crush
Zachary Goode- The Gallagher Academy series by Ally Carter 
Zach is the first proper book crush I can remember having and I still love him to this day. The Gallagher Academy is one of the series that truly got me into reading (a secret school for girl spies who go on all sorts of missions? Sign me up) and I fell in love with Zach. He's cool, he's mysterious, he's sassy and my ten year old self was infatuated. (Still am, to be honest).

2. What book would you want as your Valentine?
Since You've Been Gone- Morgan Matson
This has become one of my all-time contemporary reads. Every time I re-read it, I fall more in love. This book contains a very slow-burning romance but, as I've grown older, I've learnt to really appreciate that. This book (and the superb characters in it) would definitely be my Valentine.

3. Candy hearts or Chocolate?
Chocolate, any day. I mean, who ever heard of candy hearts getting rid of dementors? How ridiculous!

4. What book would you gift your true love?
Scythe- Neal Shusterman 
I think Scythe is a really good book to recommend or give someone because it appeals to everyone! It's this cool dystopian/alternate-universe and it has action, coming of age, mystery and small romance elements! I think everyone would fall in love with this book and the characters so it's perfect to give as a gift.

5. Favourite Rom-com
The Duff
I can't think of many rom-coms but The Duff is definitely one that I tend to pick up a lot. I absolutely love the book and, while the movie is hideously unfaithful, I still love it! I kind of treat it as a separate story, not an adaptation, and it's a brilliant rom-com. It's got such great humour and romance and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

6. Best Valentine's Day gift you ever received (or want to receive)
...Books
I mean, it's hardly a stretch of the imagination to know I'd want book for Valentine's Day (or any day for that matter). Honestly, I'm the easiest person ever to buy for.

7. Favourite thing about Valentine's Day (if you love it) OR favourite thing to do on Valentine's Day (if you hate it)?
I don't really 'celebrate' Valentine's Day as an actual holiday or special day so I usually go about my day as usual. If I'm feeling particularly celebratory, I'll watch a movie or something. Nothing exciting but there you go. This year, I just worked on my book, avoided college revision, watched a movie and read so... it was a pretty chill day to myself. You gotta love yourself first and all that.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. "who ever heard of candy hearts getting rid of dementors?" Hahaha
    I still have to read The DUFF, but I really liked the movie. Excited to see how they differ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I prefer the book to the movie but they're both great! xx

      Delete